Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

piaa horns fitted to our 2013 qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: piaa horns fitted to our 2013 qashqai
    Posted: 18 May 2015 at 9:22pm
Hi guys
As we all know the standard qashqai horn is.....well pants.
So I bided my time and kept an eye on e-bay for a bargin,last week a new and boxed set came up for auction as the seller bought them only to discover they were too big to fit behind the grill off his smart car!!,I secured them for £11 + £2.99p P&P
This is the box showing what will easily fit behind the qashqai (or atleast our j10 model)

So once home from work I decided to give it a bash,grill off the car was easy,camera wiring still connected it laid on the slam panel out of the way.

Unplugged the existing horn and removed the horn(secured with a 13 mm bolt.next up was deciding were to mount the twin horns.
1 could obviously fit were the original went and I decided to fit the other to the right of the original,I trimmed a plastic cover and using an existing 10mm fixing bolt,mounted the horns side by side.
I cut the wiring connector off(keeping a length of it incase I need/want to refit the original horn come sale time) and using a multi meter on continuity found the black wite was the earth and the Green wire is the 12volt supply.
I extended both of these to reach the right hand horn and fitted piggy back spade terminals,then using the wiring tails in the box,linked the power and earth wires for the right horn to the left horn,wrapped up all the wiring with insulation tape, tested the horns(much louder) and refitted the grill.
Total time taken,20 mins.

Edited by bryan3 - 18 May 2015 at 9:24pm
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 9:29pm
Bet you can't wait to "toot" someone outta the way lol
1.2 DIG-T Tekna storm white...
AKA x x x x " Tek-Kong " x x x x
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 9:34pm
I did practise them on the dog
Scared the Bejesus out of her
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 9:38pm
Awwwww poor pooch
1.2 DIG-T Tekna storm white...
AKA x x x x " Tek-Kong " x x x x
darylaas View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darylaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 11:15pm
I was thinking about doing this as the horn is so pathetic for a 4x4 lol
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:13pm
I have PIAAs on QQ4 - they are the canine's sphericals Big smile.

I bought but dealer arranged fitting before collection.

QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:41pm
I bought some 2 yrs ago when I got the new QQ but havent got round to fitting them, hardly worth it now as I'll be changing car in a yearLOL
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:51am
that's funny ericos I did the same no point in doing it now lol
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 2:35am
LOL - I should have done it when I  fitted the drls but I cba lol
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:19am
I fitted a set of Piaa horns within days of picking up my QQ. One of the best things I have added, although I have only tooted them once, as I rarely use the horns. However, it is good to know there are there if needed. They really are loud.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 3:17pm
I pipped the horn the other day when picking the wife up... needless to say you can't use this horn in anger on the road when some nonce cuts you up. So this post will come in very handy when I replace these in the near future. If any of you that have them and aren't going to fit them want to do a fellow member a deal you should stick them in the marketplace as I'm sure some of us would pick them up.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 4:25pm
Mine will get used sooner or later - depending on ehat car I get nextWink
Essexeddie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Essexeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 2:53pm
I have just ordered a pair from eBay for £5.99. So as soon as I get them I shall have a go. I fitted a pair on my truck and used them the same day when a van cut me up. Scared me so it must have put the wind up him.
2014 Nissan QQ Tekna 1.6dCi Auto in White, but the proud owner of a Classic 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic