UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > New here then drop in and say hello...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Premium diesediesel fuel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premium diesediesel fuel
    Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 4:29pm
Can i use premium diesel fuel in my 2015 diesel1.6 automatic qashqai and is there any advantage to using it
Dark_cobra View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 5:37pm
Better mileage from the tank vs normal fuel. Improved cleaning of fuel lines, injectors etc. Slightly improved performance.
2017 1.6 Dig-t Tekna. Black. Pan Roof. Protection Pack
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 5:59pm
All of the above and makes my engine much quieter. For me worth the extra 10p a litre. 
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 6:57pm
And I adhere to the other line of thought. That premium diesel doesn't have any measurable effect and isn't worth the premium surcharge...

My 2.0 dCi never ever has gotten any premium diesel and runs after some 73,000 miles as smoothly as on day one.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 7:19pm
So Udo, never having put any of the super stuff in, how can you compare?

Don't take this as a personal attack, I've seen your other posts and you certainly seem to know what you are talking about... But there are many diesel drivers, me included on my 1st QQ, who think it's worth every penny and can see and feel the positive effects.

1 tank in every 4 is what I ran.

Edited by pandjh - 10áSepá2017 at 7:23pm
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 8:18pm
Each to their own. I can only comment on my own experience. Cheap supermarket diesel used to make my astra 1.9 cdti smoke badly and clog its egr valve. Switching to premium diesel eliminated the smike, made the car noticeably faster and smoother. No more egr clogging either. I now run my bmw 120d on shell diesel and i add a cetane booster. Its brilliant. Wouldn't touch cheap diesel again. Try both economy and premium diesels and make your own assessment. Give it 2 or 3 tanks of each for a proper comparison and to allow the car to adjust.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 8:21pm
Well... I assume there are 50 % of diesel drivers, who believe premium diesel is good for your enginge - and there are 50 % of diesel drivers who believe premium diesel is good for nothing. Wink

Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to compare ... With some 73,000 miles my Qashqai still reaches its maximum speed, doesn't guzzle fuel, doesn't need any oil refilled between services, doesn't need any repairs, ... to make a long story short, I believe my Qashqai and its engine are in prime condition... without premium diesel.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 8:30pm
Lets allow the OP make his own mind up. As above you have not tried premium so you have no basis for comparison. Your particular car may run "perfectly" in your eyes. But no 2 cars are the same. yours may run even better on v-power for example. I still say try for yourself for the extra few quid its no hardship. Alot may also be dependant upon driving style, type of roads driven etc etc. Some drivers may not notice the differece if they dont drive spiritedly now and again!
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 8:34pm
Fair enough Udo, but I would say exactly the same of my 1.5dCi until I traded it in with 130K on the clock.

I used both fuels and could definitely tell the difference in how it ran, accelerated and in how smooth the engine felt.

Folks can try it and decide themselves obviously, it's a great engine with or without it.
pedro View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 8:45pm
Thanks for the comments folks really appreciated am going to fill up with premium next top up which is the best brand to use
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 9:32pm
I think shell v power or bp ultimate will be the easiet to find. Not sure if texaco or anyone else sells 1?
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 9:59pm
I've had a look on a couple of other forums and the consensus seems to be Shell. I was always happy with that or BP Ultimate tho.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2017 at 10:15pm
Shell v power would get my vote. Get a loyalty card from them as you get lots of points for buying it.
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2017 at 9:27am
Used to use Shell V-Power but switched to BP Ultimate, seems to suit my engine better and you can get your Nectar points also with BP.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic