Print Page | Close Window

Built in Europe, for Europe

Printed From: Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK
Category: Qashqai 2014 -
Forum Name: RANGE AND PRODUCTION
Forum Description: Precise specifications and trim levels will be released nearer to the new Qashqai’s on-sale date of January 2014
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=12625
Printed Date: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:34am

Topic: Built in Europe, for Europe
Posted By: PR07HET
Subject: Built in Europe, for Europe
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 3:18pm
Precise specifications and trim levels will be released nearer to the new Qashqai’s on-sale date of
January 2014.

The success of the original Qashqai has meant success for the European motor industry. Production of Qashqai at Nissan’s Sunderland plant in the UK has been running around the clock, with three shifts, since 2010 to keep up with demand.

Sunderland is the biggest-ever plant in the UK, producing more than 500,000 cars a year. The Qashqai is the main vehicle produced at the factory, along with the new Note, Juke crossover and the state-of the art LEAF electric vehicle.

-------------
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise

Replies:
Posted By: John C S
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 9:33am
Just a shame Frankie that there doesn't appear to be a +2 option. Cry

-------------
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 9:57am
Over all very few, +2 where built and purchased, I guess it makes sense as a commercial decision.

But on the bright side think of your resale value :)

-------------
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 10:17am
True enough Frankie. But what to replace it with??

-------------
John C S

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 10:29am
The X-trail will have a 7 seat option

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 10:51am
True, but at at least a £5k premium and not as nicely styled. I can't understand given that they haven't been slaughtered in price that they can't justify a +2?

-------------
John C S

Posted By: Downtime
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 1:56pm
Maybe in UK the +2 is not as popular but here it is almost more than the normal version.

The normal qq is just too small for me. The rear seats are not the main selling point but the +100 litres bigger boot is.

And no, the X-Trail is not an option for me either. I like the looks of it. But the price is too much. I presume the starting price will be around 40 000 euros for Visia. For Tekna with goodies I think we look at 50k € price tag. And that BMW & Audi territory then.

-------------

Posted By: VovaTuf
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:21pm
We also like +2. Although their less on Moscow roads than short version. People also worry that +2 is no more.

-------------
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT

Posted By: Kazlou
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 8:07pm
Ditto Downtime my sentiments exactemont! Xx

-------------
Blade silver 2010 tekna qashqai+2 owned from October2012, as a sort off belated 40th birthday present from hubby,

Posted By: ericos
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 11:43pm
We'll see when the time comes but we have a +2 this time for the bigger boot (I'd happuly dump the 3rd row of seats), the new QQ is supposed  to be bigger than the old one but I doubt it will be big enough for my needs so probably a change to a different marque, but as I said we'll see when the time comes.
Downloaded the  Jan 14 What Car yesterday & it gets a good 7 page review.

-------------
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary

Print Page | Close Window