Print Page | Close Window

What's this?

Printed From: Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK
Category: Qashqai Care and Technical Information
Forum Name: Qashqai Knowledge
Forum Description: Read the Manual, Cant find the answer then look here!
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=12885
Printed Date: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:09pm

Topic: What's this?
Posted By: methley
Subject: What's this?
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 4:37pm
What's the grey bit on the headlamp unit?  Removing it reveals a grey lever type affair which seems to push in a corresponding plunger. Mine's a Tekna BTW.

I was wondering if it was to operate a shutter for main/dip beam on the xenon, except if it is, it isn't working on mine as the xenon beam pattern doesn't change on high beam, staying on the dip pattern.

-------------
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.

Replies:
Posted By: Downtime
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

What's the grey bit on the headlamp unit?  Removing it reveals a grey lever type affair which seems to push in a corresponding plunger. Mine's a Tekna BTW.

I was wondering if it was to operate a shutter for main/dip beam on the xenon, except if it is, it isn't working on mine as the xenon beam pattern doesn't change on high beam, staying on the dip pattern.

It looks like the leveling motor. There's no shutter as it's not bixenon. Only low beam is xenon and main beam is halogen.

Posted By: PR07HET
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 9:51pm
A switch for European builds?

-------------
Mainly found at an office chair these days

Posted By: methley
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:08am
Downtime has it.  It's the levelling motor.  It looks like this on the other side.  The "nipple" clips into a plunger within the headlamp unit which slides in and out to adjust the beam attitude.

-------------
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.

Posted By: Downtime
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

Downtime has it.  It's the levelling motor.  It looks like this on the other side.  The "nipple" clips into a plunger within the headlamp unit which slides in and out to adjust the beam attitude.

The white nut on top of it is the manual adjustment screw. You can adjust headlamp aiming up/down with that.

Posted By: Nicky boy
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:29pm
How do you clip the motor to the headlight

Print Page | Close Window