Print Page | Close Window

Cruise control faulty

Printed From: Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK
Category: Qashqai Club Community
Forum Name: Spotted!
Forum Description: Getting a wave form another Qashqai owner? They might be here!
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=17715
Printed Date: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:47pm

Topic: Cruise control faulty
Posted By: vaidprash
Subject: Cruise control faulty
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 12:44pm
Hi all,

Been a quite member but do enjoy reading through all the posts. Extensive knowledge base.

Two points that I need your help and advise on -

1 I got the tail gate switch changed form an authorised Nissan service centre for my 62 reg qashqai n-tec diesel. After that the cruise control has not been working. Noticed it the next day I got the car back from the dealer/ service centre. The switch is dead for cruise and speed limit restrictor.

I have called them back, this is Nissan motorline on Gatwick road in Crawley. Before I could finish the guy said these are two independent issues and have to be investigated separately. I have to pay them £60 just to look at the car.
They have tried to charge me for a courtesy car while they had my car for repair. When I complained about this they took the charge of £40 off in two stages. So I am not interested in going back there.

2 can anyone recommend a authorised service centre for Nissan in Gatwick area.

I will really appreciate any help or advice in these two matters.

Best regards

PRASHANT vaid

-------------
Prashant

Replies:
Posted By: G5 BOY
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 8:00pm
Not my neck of the woods, but if you are not getting good service why not call Nissan Customer Services, tell them you are not happy with that dealer and can they recommend another in that area.

Two birds/one stone.

Also, mention this site - they do watch and take notice.

Let us know.

-------------
QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna

Posted By: Spanner
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 12:00pm
Its not obvious in mine which fuse cruise comes under, maybe it is in yours. It doesn’t say you’ve checked all the fuses ? There are switches on the clutch and brake pedals but I don't know how the work that they’ve done would have effected them. I would check everything possible before going to the garage.      

Print Page | Close Window