Forum Name: My Qashqai Wish
Forum Description: What would you like to see on your Qashqai
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=18700
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:07pm

Topic: wish wifey hadn't pranged the QQ
Posted By: Trooper
Subject: wish wifey hadn't pranged the QQ
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:21pm
So, last Saturday evening wifey decides to have her first accident in 35 years. Not only is it her first accident she decides to do it with a police car.

Thankfully she is OK but the drivers side of my beloved QQ is a mess. Thankfully the insurance policy comes with free hire car, which turns up today, 67 plate automatic XTrail with 17 miles on the clock.

Have to say I'm not that impressed. It's no where near as quiet as my QQ and the steering is lifeless.

It does however, have all the mod cons including a heated steering wheel. Wifey doesn't like the auto which has a dangerous delay if you want to get out of turning quickly, it's quite un-nerving when you hit the pedal and for what seems like ages nothing happens.

My brother has the old version Xtrail auto. it is much more comfortable and the gearbox is superb, as well as being much bigger inside.

Still it's a nice change just for a few days.

-------------
If it aint broke make it go faster.

Replies:
Posted By: G5 BOY
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 5:38am
Your Qashqai -

X-trail - can't comment as not driven one, but not a fan of the looks I'm afraid. Like a Qashqai on steroids .

-------------
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Your Qashqai -

X-trail - can't comment as not driven one, but not a fan of the looks I'm afraid. Like a Qashqai on steroids .

I agree with you mate, not sure why they called it an Xtrail when it so different from the original.

Its been a few years since I have had car from new (company car) I would like to think that as a few more miles go on the clock that it might "loosen" up a bit. I will be pleased to get My QQ back.

Hope your enjoying your new QQThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Indeed I am thanks Heart

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
Well its taken a full month but my beloved QQ is home and they appear to have a good job on the repair.

The X trail we had while it was being repaired has gone back with nearly 1500 miles on the clock and I have to say I'm not sorry to see it go.

The automatic gears were superb once you got used to the slight delay, and it did quiet down a bit but was still much noisier than my QQ. Fuel consumption was rubbish and the steering was lifeless.

Did a few long journeys in it and the seats were not that comfortable after a while although wifey loved them being heated which we dont have in the qq. High cruising speeds seemed to suit it better than suburban driving.

This is only my opinion as I know there are people who love the Xtrail, but personally, wouldn't want one.

Now trying to remember to change gear. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:52am
Glad you’re back where you belong

-------------

Print Page | Close Window