Print Page | Close Window

Windscreen Replacement

Printed From: Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK
Category: The Reception
Forum Name: Your first question?
Forum Description: Have a question that you really need to ask. Ask here.
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=19360
Printed Date: 17†Dec†2018 at 7:27am

Topic: Windscreen Replacement
Posted By: Branko
Subject: Windscreen Replacement
Date Posted: 08†Nov†2018 at 10:32pm
Hello, my first post so please bear with me.
I have Qashqai 2010 1.5 diesel n-tec and my windscreen is smashed/cracked.
My insurance has a glass cover but i'm still wondering if i go through the insurance will that increase my next insurance ? 

Also if i decide to not use the insurance can you guys recommend me some company for windscreen replacement which can give me the best price. 

Thanks in advance. 

Replies:
Date Posted: 08†Nov†2018 at 10:35pm
Sorry i miss type the screen is only cracked. 

Posted By: Udo2009
Date Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 11:39am
I don't know what the legalese of your insurance company says....

Here in Germany e.g. just swapping a windscreen because of damage won't increase your next insurance bill.

-------------
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/qashqai/2011/Udo2009/366924" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Devondave
Date Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 3:43pm
Hello Branko, and welcome to the forum. I seem to recall that with my insurance there is a different excess to be paid for windscreen replacement, but it has no effect on no claims bonuses, and therefore should not lead to an increase in premiums next time. However, having said that, terms and conditions can vary between different companys so it is always wise to check your insurance paperwork. Good luck.

-------------
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)

Date Posted: 09†Nov†2018 at 3:50pm
Iíve tried to book appointment with autoglass but unfortunately they told me that they donít know nothing about my insurance company so i just called the claim team of my insurance company and been told that they will book me an appointment.

Print Page | Close Window