Forum Description: Here's what you get for joining the qashqaiclub.co.uk
URL: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=8749
Printed Date: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:38am

Topic: How to apply the Qashqaiclub sticker
Posted By: Craigfishin
Subject: How to apply the Qashqaiclub sticker
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:17pm

-------------
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing

Replies:
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:03pm
as with all stickys the screen should be cleaned with ipa or similar first to remove all dirt/oil/contaminants that could prevent proper adhesion Thumbs Up 

also you can peel off the transfer paper in the same way i did the backing to make sure no letters come away with the transfer paper 

if a letter comes away with the paper as your peeling it off slowly then press it back down and try again till it does stick but as i say the surface your sticking to needs to be properly cleaned with alcohol based cleanser Thumbs Up

-------------
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing

Posted By: allan40alt
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:12pm
...and clean the area with methylated spirits before applying to the surface you're sticking it to.

http://www.greenlivingtips.com/articles/357/1/Uses-for-methylated-spirits.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.greenlivingtips.com/articles/357/1/Uses-for-methylated-spirits.html

NB: DO NOT use white spirit as that is oil based and will leave a trace behind. Thumbs Down

-------------
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.

Posted By: ericos
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:49pm
Hmmm, this thread reminded me to do ours (well to get the missus to do it). Only took me a month to put it on. LOL
Oh yeah one of the dogs jumped  up to lend a hand & put paw prints on  the back, gawd only knows what she stood itWink.

-------------
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:26pm

A couple of extra tips:

i) Make sure you remove the correct backing.

ii) Make sure you smooth the removed backing carefully before re-applying it to the wording.

iii) Remove the other backing carefully reattaching any letters that haven't quite re-adhered to the original backing.

iv) Re-apply to cleaned window and it should then stick properly.

v) Before attempting any of the above first TURN ON GARAGE LIGHTS!

Embarrassed LOL

PS:  vi) Get focus properly adjusted so that it doesn't make the reflection sharp and the object slightly blurred. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:05am
A little tip.

If you find any area of the logo not sticking down properly (like the little tail of the 'Q') then just use a hair dryer to apply some heat for a few seconds and gently smooth it down with the back of your finger nail.

Don't apply too much heat or apply it for more than about 5 seconds. You just need enough heat to soften the adhesive on the logo.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:18am
Question:  Where have you positioned your club sticker?

I have mine (like many of you) at the top centre of the rear window.

I'm just a bit worried though that the rear wiper will sweep across it.

I did think about sticking it to the boot lid just below the chrome 'Qashqai' logo, or just below the number plate (L - C - R).

Has anyone placed the sticker elsewhere other than top-centre of the rear window?

-------------

Posted By: PR07HET
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:43pm
I have one under the brake light sticker, and one each o the front wings, to remind me of my sponsors in my boy racer days!

The ones on the wings are good for other Qashqai owners to see when along side them at the traffic lights etc.

-------------
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise

Posted By: Fee
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

I have one under the brake light sticker, and one each o the front wings, to remind me of my sponsors in my boy racer days!

Bless... that was way back in the dim and distant past... .......

As for Allans point of the wiper sweeping across it.. It does ,but doesnt peel the sticker off in the process.....
The biggest risk is inadvertantly scraping it off in icy conditions.

-------------
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC

Posted By: biker
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by nige65 nige65 wrote:

I have got one to put on did`nt realise it went on the outside thought it went on inside of glass Confused

Me too. Still waiting for the car but I thought that the sticker would be "reversed" and go on the inside of the window. To be honest I am not sure I will fit it now. It may just have to be my "bike aware" sticker in the back of the car.

-------------
QQ+2 1.6 petrol Acenta Magnetic red.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 3:48pm
as some models have tinted windows sticking on the inside is not an option , so we have always done them this way Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: chrissyw
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 11:19pm

-------------
~~~CAFFE LATTE 15DCI 2010~<3

Posted By: sadsod
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 5:05pm
Ssssstevo -giant one---

-------------
white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,

Posted By: QQ+2burgher
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:22pm
Hi 

Big thanks, My membership sticker arrived in the post today, it will be on display on the back of my QQ+2 very very shortly.

Thanks for the quick delivery!

D

Clap

-------------
2011 1.5 DCI Acenta in Gun Metallic Grey...or is it Mineral Grey?

Posted By: Lee'71
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 8:16pm
Got mine perfectly (and proudly!) placed:

Still lovin' it everyday!

-------------
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!

Posted By: Tiffany
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 9:09pm
Looking good lee

Come on D, get yours on and take a pic
Tiff

-------------
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:00am
Great stuff

-------------

Print Page | Close Window