UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Private Message
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club


Private Message

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Message
    Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 11:54am
Hi All so I got an email to say I had a PM and link to take me to said PM, however when I click the link just takes me to the forum.
Next problem I look around the forum for a way to retrieve PM and I can not see where it is any help would be please
Terry
Back to Top
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Avatar

Joined: 13áAugá2010
Location: Uk
Status: Offline
Points: 75
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 1:53pm

Look in the top left corner for New Messages
Back to Top
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by zh875 zh875 wrote:

uploads/3111/qq.jpg
Look in the top left corner for New Messages

Thanks for that but on my screen where you show the envelope and 0 New Messages next to Member Control Panel I have nothing there.
https://s5.postimg.cc/6an1b9ehj/forum_pm.jpg
Back to Top
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
FORUM GRANDADDY

Joined: 05áJulá2007
Location: Dorset Coast
Status: Offline
Points: 8347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 4:50pm
Hi Terry

The pm was letting you know that your sales advert had been removed. We restrict advertising to contributed members only, due to loads of Chinese folk putting unauthorised adverts on here a while ago. Looks like you can't even see the pm until you've contributed either...!!

Them's the rules I'm afraid - contribution is just ú6 one-off and it helps keep this site clean.

Bargain eh?

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Back to Top
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2018 at 4:05pm
It is a bit of a shame that none paying members can not navigate parts of the forum and have so many restrictions placed on them.
I mean you are not going to pay a member fee until you see the full benefits of the board. 

Not quite sure what you mean when say "Chinese folk putting unauthorised adverts" if you are reffering to them posting there parts for sale and the said parts could benefit members then blocking them would be a loss.
I have purchased many parts from a good Chinese site and nether had any problems all quality parts at much less than any ebay sellers or sites that give you 10% 15% discount after having high priced items in the first place.

I thought the board had Mods like your self to take down posts that they feel should not be up.

As you already know the fact I could not even read a PM that was sent from you a Mod after receiving an email advising I had a PM.
This in itself caused confusion, I am not sure forced membership fees are the way to go regardless of how low a fee may be.

I recently added to a post about mesh grills, where I was giving first hand advice only to find my images will not display.
Take the Photo gallery none paying members can not post there car pic, if they were allowed to this could be a great asset to all members. Members would get to see more of what others have done to there cars and maybe grab some ideas.
This IMO is a loss to other members who do pay there fees.

I understand it costs to run the server and the owner of the board has to pay for band width and this is probably the reason why none paying members can not post pics.
 But hey there the rules 
Back to Top
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna


Joined: 28áSepá2012
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2018 at 5:32pm
Terry.
I completely fail to understand your complaint.
The subscription asked is not even a gallon of fuel.
Seems you want the benefits but decline to pay the very low admission charge.
Some folk ,not me , give thier spare time to run the forum.
Brian
Back to Top
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Abh29 Abh29 wrote:

Terry.
I completely fail to understand your complaint.
The subscription asked is not even a gallon of fuel.
Seems you want the benefits but decline to pay the very low admission charge.
Some folk ,not me , give thier spare time to run the forum.

It is not a complaint, if you read my post I was simply stating facts.
It seems you failed to understand my Post or was just to quick at firing your response

So far I have not seen any benefits, I have however seen unanswered posts that are just left to die with no response.

I have access to every single Nissan qashqai Part number and diagrams to show where they go, I do not see any thing like this on site.

If you look at my presence here I have not asked for anything but I have tried to give.

I do not think you understand what I am saying.

Oh and the comment was not regarding the cost of membership.

If you allowed the chinese sellers to sell there parts the forum would benefit or do you believe it would not ?

If you allowed members to post there car pic in the photo gallery this would give other members ideas and in turn benefit the forum again would you say I am wrong ?

I can not receive PM until I subscribe but members can send them to me, I then get an email to say I have a PM which I can not read how strange is that.
Actually I have just received a PM but can not read it so frankie must not be aware that I can not read PM

Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK <frankie@qashqaiclub.co.uk>


A good forum would encourage members to pay

I do not want to reap the benefits and not pay the problem is I do not see the benefits here,
A forum is supposed to be an enjoyable place.



Back to Top
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna


Joined: 28áSepá2012
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2018 at 7:58pm
I think I fully understand where you come from,but I have rarely fired of replies in the 6 years I have been on the forum.

"Facts " only as you see them.

Certain people have worked hard building up this forum,and I think it completely bad form to want to come on , tell them to change the way they run the forum because you want it changed to suit you, and yet refuse to put your hand in your picked to assist the forum unless they agree to your changes. In fact I fail to understand why you wish to stay on a forum you obviously do not agree with.

I can not speak for others , but I do not want the site taken over with sellers of Chinese products ( of unknown quality),or any other dealers. The few we have are of known quality to many on here,and often offer advice and discounts to us.

This forum is normally an enjoyable place , (I have had a few difference of opinion here over the years.)but we give advice to each others as and when we can.

Why not come over , pay the very small subscription and have your attempt at changing the forum,but I think most folk are happy as it is now.

Brian
Back to Top
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Avatar

Joined: 20áJuná2011
Location: Swansea
Status: Offline
Points: 1129
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2018 at 8:45pm
I've been a fully paid up member since 2012 which is a shocking ú1/yr and reducing as time goes on.  I've recently been surfing the X-Trail forum and find it so frustrating to see every other thread response is a pop up advert. 

I've saved money on products from forum associated companies as I only buy what I need, not what pop ads think I need. 

No thanks Thumbs Down
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Back to Top
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
FORUM GRANDADDY

Joined: 05áJulá2007
Location: Dorset Coast
Status: Offline
Points: 8347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 11:58am
Thanks for the support Thumbs Up.

If anyone wants to buy Chinese T-shirts, flexible keyboards, wives etc. the owner decided they had better go elsewhere.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Back to Top
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Thanks for the support Thumbs Up.

If anyone wants to buy Chinese T-shirts, flexible keyboards, wives etc. the owner decided they had better go elsewhere.


Did I mention T shirts flexible keyboards ? NO
I mentioned part the things you all put on your car to bling it up.
Even though you may not buy them direct from a chinese seller I bet 99% of them originate from china.

It seems I person can not have an opinion here 
Back to Top
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 16áJuná2018
Location: Manchester
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Abh29 Abh29 wrote:

I think I fully understand where you come from,but I have rarely fired of replies in the 6 years I have been on the forum.

"Facts " only as you see them.

Certain people have worked hard building up this forum,and I think it completely bad form to want to come on , tell them to change the way they run the forum because you want it changed to suit you, and yet refuse to put your hand in your picked to assist the forum unless they agree to your changes. In fact I fail to understand why you wish to stay on a forum you obviously do not agree with.

I can not speak for others , but I do not want the site taken over with sellers of Chinese products ( of unknown quality),or any other dealers. The few we have are of known quality to many on here,and often offer advice and discounts to us.

This forum is normally an enjoyable place , (I have had a few difference of opinion here over the years.)but we give advice to each others as and when we can.

Why not come over , pay the very small subscription and have your attempt at changing the forum,but I think most folk are happy as it is now.


No one came on and told them to change the way to run the forum I simply had my opinion.

But you enjoy yourself on your forum.
Back to Top
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Avatar

Joined: 20áJuná2011
Location: Swansea
Status: Offline
Points: 1129
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 7:16pm
Terry we welcome your opinion.  This forum is a friendly bunch and hope you are able to sign up as a full member. TongueTongue
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Back to Top
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna


Joined: 28áSepá2012
Location: North Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by terry64 terry64 wrote:

Originally posted by Abh29 Abh29 wrote:

I think I fully understand where you come from,but I have rarely fired of replies in the 6 years I have been on the forum.

"Facts " only as you see them.

Certain people have worked hard building up this forum,and I think it completely bad form to want to come on , tell them to change the way they run the forum because you want it changed to suit you, and yet refuse to put your hand in your picked to assist the forum unless they agree to your changes. In fact I fail to understand why you wish to stay on a forum you obviously do not agree with.

I can not speak for others , but I do not want the site taken over with sellers of Chinese products ( of unknown quality),or any other dealers. The few we have are of known quality to many on here,and often offer advice and discounts to us.

This forum is normally an enjoyable place , (I have had a few difference of opinion here over the years.)but we give advice to each others as and when we can.

Why not come over , pay the very small subscription and have your attempt at changing the forum,but I think most folk are happy as it is now.



No one came on and told them to change the way to run the forum I simply had my opinion.

But you enjoy yourself on your forum.


You give me a position way above my status in life

Yes you have an opinion ----- and you seem to wish all others agree with your opinion.

This is not my forum , it is the members forum guided by those who put the time and effort (and money) into setting it all up.
Brian
Back to Top
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
FORUM GRANDADDY

Joined: 05áJulá2007
Location: Dorset Coast
Status: Offline
Points: 8347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJulá2018 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by terry64 terry64 wrote:

Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Thanks for the supportáThumbs Up.

If anyone wants to buy Chinese T-shirts, flexible keyboards, wives etc. the owner decided they had better go elsewhere.



Did I mention T shirts flexible keyboards ? NO
I mentioned part the things you all put on your car to bling it up.
Even though you may not buy them direct from a chinese seller I bet 99% of them originate from china.

It seems I person can not have an opinion hereá


Oh - this is going to run and run .

I mentioned those things because I have been on here long enough to have seen those ads before we blocked them and prevented any more.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Back to Top
__chris__ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Avatar

Joined: 18áDecá2017
Location: Sunny Sidcup
Status: Offline
Points: 31
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __chris__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJulá2018 at 4:16pm
It's ú6 one off, not per year.
It's got to be worth a punt hasn't it?

I haven't had answers to some Qs I've asked, but that happens in life.
It's a forum - generally what you get out is proportionate to what you put in. And each forum is different.

I used to belong to a forum for a different marque that wouldn't even let me advertise giving the car away for free to anyone interested once I'd left....
Learning my way around a nice shiny black 08 plated 2.0 Tekna 2WD.
Back to Top
postie View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt
Avatar

Joined: 05áJuná2018
Location: north wales
Status: Offline
Points: 17
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote postie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJulá2018 at 7:29pm
If I wanted Chinese bling I would visit eBay, I come on here because I enjoy interacting with like minded people
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.