UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Problematic start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problematic start
    Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:00pm
Hi guys,

The last couple of days, my 2016QQ TEKNA, has been struggling to start.

I believe it may be a key / receiver issue.

The first time all the lights on the Speedo dash were flickering and car wouldn’t even turn over.

Then when it did start the red key light stayed on

Is this just low battery on the fob? Is 2 1/2 years normal?

2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 11:54am
My key fob battery got low recently, but I kept getting "invalid key id" on the screen between the dials with the picture telling me to hold the key near the START button.

Also, I could no longer press the door handle button to lock/unlock the car, had to do it via the button on the fob.

Changed the battery and all working fine again - never got the problem you described, so maybe it's something different.  It shouldn't be affecting it actually starting the car, just unlocking it and turning on the ignition.
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic