UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.5 L I4 (Diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Production line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Production line
    Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 2:32pm
Bit of an odd one here

Was talking about the QQ with a guy who works at Nissan & he was adamant that as each car was going down the line it was already "spoken for" ie "Mr Bloggs, Manchester"......."export to somewhere" etc..
As such the management could keep an eye on each car if needed & pay closer attention to certain one's & as such let other cars go with less attention to say... body panel fit.
Motability was mentioned of course as it seems they are the biggest single customer for the QQ.

Anybody heard of this before ?
Old wives tale ?
Some truth in it but doesn't work like this ?

Not intending to pursue this but was wondering if any of the members had heard any stories/rumours  of this kind ?

It's been a while since I heard a decent conspiracy theory to "get my teeth into"

There are of course some strange things that do go on at Washington (as I suppose in all big factories)

So......................... Nonsense ................. or .......... Something in it ?

Dick.
was, 1.5Dci (61) ...Ntec...Nightshade..... wish I still had it.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 2:49pm
true , we went on the factory tour here as a club meet , great day lots of interesting stuff learned 

each car on the line has a sheet on it which tells them whos car it is and what spec ect 

i always though cars were made in batches ie teknas then acentas ect but on the line 1 car will be a tekna for me the next an acenta for joe bloggs , the next an n-tec ect , 

its amazing to see the robots picking up the correct model parts from different areas and dropping them into the production line to suit the cars order no and spec required 

as for letting some go with less attention , i would say thats rubbish , every car we saw got the same attention , there a bay where cars are pulled off at random and checked for things like alignment ect , these checks have to be done by an independent quality control company with no affiliation to nissan so no car would be allowed out if a fault was spotted  

we may be visiting there again this year if there is enough interest but there only running the juke line for tours now but thats just the last hour of the tour

Edited by Craigfishin - 10 Mar 2013 at 4:41pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Blownupdolly View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blownupdolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 4:23pm
Does that mean my Motability QQ is special? Big smile

It is to me anyway ...
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 4:41pm
all qq's are special , thats why we own them Wink
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic