UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

PTS PLACE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broughboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PTS PLACE
    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
Just started My 2014 2L Diesel Qashqai by jump leads from the wife's car, it started OK but no lights, no indicators and no fuel gauge. The centre of the dash where the info usually is just says "PTS Place".
Anybody know what this means??
Pete174 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:20pm
Not had this before myself. Did a quick web search and it appears when others have had this (or PTY-RDY) displayed they have disconnected the negative battery terminal, left if for 10-20 seconds and then reconnected it. I think this must reset the computer as this appears to clear the problem.
Black 2010 1.6 Petrol Qashqai Tekna
Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:58am
If trying this, remember to find the radio code, and also find online how to insert it! Not too obvious. ;)
Pete174 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 9:08am
That’s a good point Thrall! I always forget about things like.
Black 2010 1.6 Petrol Qashqai Tekna
Broughboy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broughboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:05am
Left the car overnight with the Speedo/rev counter lights glowing, no way of switching them off. Of course this morning battery was flat and the reading in the dash was now PTR not PTS (strange). Did another jump lead start from my wife's car and hey ho! all was good, everything back where it should be. Took the car for a spin to re-charge the battery, the fuel gauge was reading empty but I knew there was a considerable amount of fuel in so carried on driving to see the gauge gradually rise. Going to get a new battery now, don't want to risk being stuck away from home. Thanks for al the reply's hope this helps 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic