Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai 2014 - > Qashqai 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Push start button? New Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Push start button? New Qashqai
    Posted: 29áJaná2014 at 7:04pm
Hi everyone,

I know there is push start button on the new Qashqai, is this on all the models?

The real question is, does it require the key to be inserted, or is it keyless entry and start?
Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJaná2014 at 7:12pm
Not sure on that, those with I-key are keyless entry and stop start.

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJaná2014 at 7:19pm
Ok i-key comes with Acenta Premium and Tekna, so the i-key is keyless entry, and you just push start, no need to stick a key in somewhere?
Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Saraj Saraj wrote:

Ok i-key comes with Acenta Premium and Tekna, so the i-key is keyless entry, and you just push start, no need to stick a key in somewhere?
Yes that is correct, the dealer said the doors will open up to 12 feet away if the key is in your possession. I will have to find out if you can lock the vehicle from the outside with the key, say, in the glove box etc. If so could be a problem, but I am sure this will have been thought out. The car is started without the key touching any ignition parts
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 11:05am
Is that a different I key from the current version ? It doesn't unlock automatically, you have to push the unlock button on the door whilst having the key on your person, so not sure where the 12 feet reference comes in ?

With the current version it won't let you lock the car if an I key is inside, so presume new model will also feature this.
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 11:29am
There are two buttons on the I-key, you can remote unlock / lock, have always been able to on my 2007 keys.

Do you mean the doors unlock as you approach? I don't think that is an option at all.

Frankie
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 6:14pm
The 2012 Tekna has soft push buttons next to the front doors and boot handle, when pressed will unlock the car whilst the I-key remains in my pocket.

That's fine with me, but not keen on the idea that doors will unlock as you 'walk by'.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 6:19pm
The locking/unlocking mechanism remains the same as current i-key models. Only now instead of turning the ignition you push a button to start or stop
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 6:44pm
Just out of interest, if there is a start stop button for the engine, what do u do if u just want to turn on the ignition to allow u to use the electrics but don't want to start the engine ?
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
sl8999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sl8999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 7:44pm
If I remember correctly from our test drives last week a quick press of the start button turns on the ignition and a longer press starts the engine.
2010 Teckna 2.0DCi in Magnetic Red
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 7:46pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by sl8999 sl8999 wrote:

If I remember correctly from our test drives last week a quick press of the start button turns on the ignition and a longer press starts the engine.

Nope. If you press the clutch(manual)/brake(automatic) and press the button, it will start the car. If you only press the button w/o pressing clutch/brake will turn acc/aux mode on. Another press shuts it down. Or one press aux, second acc and third off.

Haven't seen the car but this is how it's working on other cars I've driven that had button start.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 11:20pm
^^ Ditto

Press the push/start button to turn on the ignition, press the clutch and button to start the engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic