Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.6 L I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Qashqai 1.6 117bhp engine note

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpurday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai 1.6 117bhp engine note
    Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:50pm
Is it me or does the engine note sound coarse? I thought the Q was supposed to be refined? It is quite loud when accelerating with (I think) an unpleasant note. Does anyone else find this?
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:19pm
I don't find it overly unpleasant but then it's not a pleasurable engine note either.

I think considering the revs involved, it's not that obtrusive at motorway speeds.

John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
paulpurday View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpurday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 7:40pm
Yes, it's pretty good at speed considering the revs. I would have loved a 6 speed box but considering the size of engine it sits just right at 70 with about 3200 rpm. High, but in the torque curve where it seems to take off. With a 6 speed I think there would be too much down-changing.
My beef is the sound of the engine when pulling away, particularly on a hill start. To my ear it could sound nicer.
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 12:11am
Agree with you engine does seem noisy especially at 70 but if u go to 75ish noise
Gets quiter. The noise sounds as if the engine has worn out I mean bearings noisy.
paulpurday View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulpurday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 8:55am
It's just that I wish Nissan had done a better job in muting the engine.
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:40pm
The 1.6 Dig T petrol engine is much quieter. I had a 1.6 petrol before changing over and I agree that the engine was quite course. The acceleration on the new car is really remarkable owing to the turbo.
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic