UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai 2018 Car Alarm Sounding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai 2018 Car Alarm Sounding
    Posted: 05áAugá2018 at 9:36pm
Hi. Had the new 2018 Qashqai since April 2018 with no issues until now. The alarm has been sounding when loud racer cars or motorbikes go past, bit annoying but okay. However, today it has been sounding on and off throughout the day without anything near it. Tonight I have had to change the setting so it asks me each time I turn engine off, if I want to enable/disable sensors.

I opened and closed all the doors including the boot. Couldn't see anything wrong. When I opened the driver-side rear door though, the alarm sounded despite it being unlocked. 

Any suggestions anyone? I am not technical minded when it comes to cars or fixes. Cry
forestfan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forestfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAugá2018 at 4:52pm
Got the same problem on my 18 Qq lock car come back unlock car lift boot lid then when you open drivers door alarm go off this is my 4th Qq never had this before
dave 1.5 accenta 10
adamwright1989 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2018 at 12:41pm
It seems to have calmed down now the weather is cooler. I have been told it may be related to the extreme summer heat we had in the UK in relation to air expansion with the sensors? 

Surely this wont happen every time we get some warm weather? It's like the sensitivity needs turning down. Is that even possible from a mechanical point of view? It even goes off if a fast car revs when passing it! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic