UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership Rewards - Paid member access only. > The Cafe > Other Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai Cycle Team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai Cycle Team
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:19pm
Are there any QQ members here who cycle and use the Strava cycle app?

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:27pm
I do cycle and will be doing abit more of it on my GIANT to get rid of my spare tyre and just had a look and am down loading it now....it's free an all.....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 11:11pm
Excellent, when you have a profile go here then we can "encourage" each other http://app.strava.com/clubs/10977
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:09am
Hold on Frankie I've got to blow the Dust of it!! ... ..I've heard your abit of an extreme Mountainbiker where Im still more of a leisure bloke doing it with the Kids at CenterParcs and local easy Trails, that likes to have the Top Gear..

Still meaning to go to the Chicksands Course down the road....

Chicksands Biking

This is about as extreme as I get at the moment....but things will change....

Notice the Pot Belly .....that's CFs fault for forcing all those Lagers down my throat!!!!!!!......

Edited by Affman - 30 Jul 2012 at 9:49am
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 12:32pm
Extreme Mountain BOARDER not biker, I average 10mile a ride about two to three times a week that's all.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 12:34pm
Glad its not just me that sports the belly in a T-shirt....  LOL

Tarka Trail and camel Trail for us - off roads and fairly level going....
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 1:06pm
Snail Trail and Camel Toe for me......

And 10 miles Frankie..... ......if that's up and down hills, I'd be knackered!!!!....well even if it was on the flat, I'd probably still need a Defibralator.....

And I am more of a BOARDER me self.....

BOARDING

Edited by Affman - 30 Jul 2012 at 8:00pm
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:58pm
This is me   G5 Boy was there there first Qashqai Club meeting. Falling

Edited by PR07HET - 30 Jul 2012 at 9:00pm
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:02pm
I'm about to start cycling with a mate...are there alternatives to 'encourage'? e.g. 'take the mick out of', 'laugh at for crashing into muddy pools'?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:04pm
Another hooby though not me in the videos I do have some but us too long as part of a DVD

ATB
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:06pm
Your welcome to join up Cowpers start by cycling over to here from yours I will video your collapse upload to YBF and we'll split the money!
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:09pm
  Does the South Downs way reach that far?
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
If your gonna tell me the forum Grandaddy bunjee jumped with you from a 200ft crane a couple of years ago, I'll buy Cowps another J2O!!!!!

And Cowps that's Cycling NOT Tricycling ..... ....Though knowing you, you'd still fall off!!....
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Does the South Downs way reach that far?

Certainly does take the Way Fairersway direct to Denmead
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:15pm
Bicycle, tricycle  I can fall off anything given enough time to work out the best way to do it.  So..far from encourage..its CHALLENGE then is it Aff?....Will get myself a GPS thingy when I'm back from Cyrpus and we'll compare distances.  Does it account for terrain..I'm planning on several 'off road' rides
OK give me a few weeks to prepare after Cyprus and I'll pay you a visit Frankie and you can supervise Affamn handing over my J2O,,

Edited by Cowpers - 30 Jul 2012 at 9:16pm
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm
If you have a smart phone then Strava app is free and does everything time, mile, speeds, gradients etc.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

Another hooby though not me in the videos I do have some but us too long as part of a DVD

ATB

Ever thought of getting a power kite for those??....I had a couple in my Boot at Wickstead and they use them on things similar to those at the beach at Hunstanton along with those Kart things.....
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

OK give me a few weeks to prepare after Cyprus and I'll pay you a visit Frankie and you can supervise Affamn handing over my J2O,,

I think a Bicycle Purchase may be the first item of preparation Mate, ill put the J2O in the fridge..... .....AND DON'T FORGET A DECENT PUMP!!......we wouldn't want any more flat tyres would we....

And as for a SMART phone, if he's still got the same titchy thing (No Pun intended)) that he had in CFs car on the way to Sunderland, didn't look Smart to me..... ....More like something you'd put in your handbag.......(your secrets safe with me mate.... ...)

Edited by Affman - 30 Jul 2012 at 10:31pm
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:58pm
Am going to try Strava with the Garmin to check out the interface etc then might splash out £3 to put it on the blackberry (sadly not free) to see how accurate it is against the Garmin. For jogging not cycling mind.
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 1:45pm
Just bought a mountain bike today from argos only cheap one not been on a bike for donkeys years .

Bought a muddyfox storm Smile

Got £35 off with my nectar points.Wink

Edited by nige65 - 31 Jul 2012 at 1:46pm

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by nige65 nige65 wrote:

Just bought a mountain bike today from argos only cheap one not been on a bike for donkeys years .

Nice one Nige, that should help the lbs stay off! 

I decided against Strava in the end but it rekindled my interest so have gone back to mapmyrun as they have updated their site - I even watched a birds eye video of my last run there.
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:30pm
Must admit did not think i had to adjust everything on new bike Confused disc brakes are very confusing .

Took 2 hrs now just to build it up and how to attach my pump comes with a bracket and 2 screws and nothing to screw to flaming clamps to fit lights don`t fit anywhere Grrrrrr had to use cable ties to fit pump bracket and now found somewhere for lights after i had  undone everything.

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 2:40pm
I would love to cycle but find the seats bloody uncomfy. Have tried gel seats but still end up, Errr, painful!!!!

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 4:12pm
The Xtrawide ones with Gel attachment may help abit Fee.... ....well, so the wife says anyway...
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 4:52pm
Hmmmm. have tried the extra wide one, a tad neat....... Maybe they do a triple XXX wide one for me?..
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:35pm
for me i think id just strap a qq seat onto the bike

so how does this strava app work??? , can you all log in stats ect to see whos doing the best ???
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:57pm
The single best feature of Strava for me (even though I won't be using it) is the GAP ( Grade Adjusted Pace) so even if you guys do different courses is will (sort of) level the playing field (pun intended). And yes CF, if you become friends their you can track each others workouts.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:21pm

Does this app work with a hand-held GPS?  I really don't want a knobby smart phone as half the point of getting out on the bike is being out of contact?!

Affman..you really need to take a cold shower and sip a little bromine-laced tea
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:19pm
Cowps (or indeed first come first served) I have a Nike+ somewhere, do they work on a bike does anybody know?
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:26pm
I to have a pair of Nike+ and just found this....

Nike+ on a bike
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:12pm
Thanks Affers and if I can find it (the bracelet and foot pod thingy) I may well be open to offers (ooeeer missus)
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:43pm
I'll offer you 75% less abuse on the site?
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:59pm
Coming from you that's quite generous but even just 25% of your current abuse must be classed as bullying?
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 8:25pm
Hi guys I will be doing this in case anybody else is free.

http://www.bike-events.com/Ride.aspx?id=313

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 7:18pm
Had a nice cycle along the front to the Fair rides here this evening...... ......Katie did well as we took the off road route on the way back and her little bike has no suspension...... ....the mrs said how far did we go and was surprised it must of been about 5 miles there and back as we went along the sea wall there so would of been abit longer....didn't even break a sweat, though was a Sedate ride.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic