UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai EMS recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ter_rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2018 at 3:01pm
Hi there. I have a same problem with my car after a recall update. Engine management light has come on and car went into limp mode 1 week after the update. The car lost a lot of power and cannot accelerate. I took it to the dealer and they were saying that the air flow intake tube was split and they were saying that this is problem has norhing to do with the system update. This is really annoying because the car was running perfectly prior the update. I feel like this dealer is trying to rip me off. They don't want to take the responsibility about this fault.
Ter_rad View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ter_rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2018 at 3:22pm
Hi everyone. I had a cal from the dealer just now and said that it will cost me ú270 to get it repaired. He said that the air flow intake pipe was split and it will cost me that amount to get it fix. I jave mentioned to him about people complaining regarding EMS update that causes their cars to have multiple problems afterwards and again they don't want to take the liability. They were saying that what they did was just upfrading the software and did not touched any mechanical parts of the car. Has anyone here raised a complaint to Nissan dealer regarding this? I might do the same. Thank you guys.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2018 at 5:18pm
Coincidence does happen!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2018 at 8:56am
I'm not normally one to defend dealers, but the EMS recall really is just a software update, they probably didn't even open your bonnet.  So could well be coincidence.

Most of that ú270 will be labour costs - you can probably find the pipe you need online and could just be as simple as a couple of jubilee clips to replace it yourself.

Or in the short term, find the split and if it's not too bad, superglue it up and wrap extra strong duct tape around it a few times, probably will hold.

Edited by chrisw99 - 12áSepá2018 at 8:58am
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Pearsongs View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearsongs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2018 at 12:48pm
Yes, raise the issue, it is not coincidence and they should be liable. We were told to see what happens after 40 days, but we still get moments of weak uptake, especially from 2nd to 3rd.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Pearsongs Pearsongs wrote:

... it is not coincidence and they should be liable...

I'm struggling to understand how a software update can cause a pipe to split. Have you had a hardware problem too?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2018 at 7:35pm
Software updates can affect how an engine is managed to deliver a particular level of performance.  If it affects air intake or exhaust pressures, then it could cause subsequent failures.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2018 at 8:42pm
Hard to prove though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic