Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Qashqai faults.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squashlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai faults.
    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:30pm
First post so please be gentle with me Big smile
Purchased a used Qashqai J11 1.2 dig-t Acenta three weeks ago.
Car is less than three years old, 18000 miles recorded.
This was purchased for Mrs Squashlet as her daily.
Having a few issues with the car, bear in mind that it was bought under Covid regulations, no test drive, quick external look around at the Nissan dealer forecourt etc. 
From initial pick up it drove exceptionally well as to be expected with just the usual trim rattles of a used car. However three days in and we experienced the car stalling at stop junctions (stop-start not on) re-started with no issues, happened again so returned home. also the engine seems to hunt/drop power when idling, noticeable by the dimming of headlights and the heater fan pulses. Contacted the supplying dealer and eventually got it in to be assessed (today)
As there are only the two of us we wouldn't normally sit in the rear but had to take our cat to the vet last week, the Mrs sat in the rear with the cat in his carrier, when we arrived she couldn't get out. Initially thought 'child lock' opened the door from outside, child lock button in the open position? Tried again several times, locking, unlocking and still the same? This fault added to the list. 
Managed to locate most of the rattles courtesy of some of you guys on here Thumbs Up and will address them once the weather gets better, however one has been causing a lot of headscratching.
Sounds like a chirping/rattle coming from the centre of the dash in the vicinity of the radio/climate control unit and thought that this will be a pita to locate and cure. Then on Sunday by sheer accident we found the culprit, it's the climate control/cooling fan or something associated with the unit. When on it makes the annoying sound, turn the unit off and you hear the duct close and the sound disappears, more noticeable when set above 24c? and on anything but smooth roads. Added to the list!
Drivers seat makes a terrible loud creak/squeak when you move from side to side, seems to be the bottom of the seat more than the backrest. Tried to adjust the seat in all directions, up/down, front/back, lumber on/off, spray of PTFE dry lube and nothing works. Added to list.
N/S windscreen washer jet shoots the screen wash over the roof and not onto the screen, could easily adjust it myself (so I thought) but whilst the car was in the workshop the technician could do it. The Service manager on hearing this said that the jet couldn't be adjusted like they used to, safety pin and realign as I've done to many in the distant past, and may require a new nozzle? Added to list.
Hopefully I should hear back today about the findings and if we are covered under the remaining Month of the Nissan three year warranty. Extended warranty doesn't kick in until 25th of next month.
I hope that we haven't been a wee bit harsh with the list, definitely the engine/electrics and door lock fault should be covered under Warranty?
I'll keep the Forum updated with the causes of the faults and if we get them rectified.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 7:52pm
All defects should be repaired under warranty so don't accept any refusals.  Congratulations on purchasing a QQ and hope you have many years of enjoyable ownership. Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Squashlet View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squashlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 2:14am
Thanks,
Hopefully everything will be covered and repaired/rectified under Warranty
Been advised by the Dealer today that the car could be in for three days so looks like they're looking in depth at the faults.
Been given a brand new X-trail as a loan car, Mrs Squashlet is highly impressed with it, I can hear my wallet complaining already, but she does prefer the QQ dimensions over the X-trail though Clap

Cannot fault the Dealer, the team has been more than helpful with everything. So far they have been the best Nissan Dealer that we have experienced in over fourteen years of owning a Qashqai.
We purchased the last one back in 2007 and chopped it in for the newer one, previous QQ (1.6 Acenta) on the whole was a great car apart from the brake discs and suspension problems. But it was starting to cost us to keep it on the road due to corrosion on the underneath so decided to upgrade. The new one is a huge step up, lots of new toys inside, although Mrs Squashlet turns off most of the electric aids, lane assist, hold assist or whatever it's called etc. She loves the interior over the last Squashy and enjoys the ride comfort and quieter engine with the six speed box over the 1.6 with the five speed, I personally like the more aggressive styling.
We are hoping for many more years of QQ ownership. 
Squashlet View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squashlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:46pm
Quick update for those wishing it.
Mrs Squashy phoned the Dealer today for an update, QQ has been assessed and they are replacing the rear door actuator, drivers seat cushion/frame, climate control unit/fan. A check is being carried out to why the oil level was on the low side and looking quite dark after only covering 140 miles after they gave it a service before we picked it up, replaced the dirty air filter (this is not replaced on the third service but they have replaced it as a gesture) and an engine management software update has been performed to rectify why it was stalling and running roughly.
Car will not be ready until Tuesday at the earliest due to the Easter weekend closures and therefore have extended our insurance on the X-Trail until then.
As mentioned previously, we cannot fault the service that we have received so far, admittedly there have been a few very minor hiccups mainly with getting the QQ booked in to the workshop and locating a courtesy car for us but we do understand the problems that Covid have placed on businesses so not a big problem.
Looking forward to having the car back next week and being able to drive it fault free.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:03pm
Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Squashlet Squashlet wrote:

he oil level was on the low side and looking quite dark after only covering 140 miles

Ask the dealer if it is a model where the 1.2 DIG-T motor "blows up" on you... The oil being dirty after only 140 miles suggests the engine is one of the affected range. Nissan used to change these engines free of charge....

Edited by Udo2009 - 01 Apr 2021 at 9:32pm
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Squashlet View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squashlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:42pm
I was lead to believe that this fault relating to the 1.2 Renault/Nissan engine has been addressed and only affected the early cars, but I'll definitely ask the question. Has anyone with a later car suffered this? I'm hoping that it is just old oil not drained completely mixing with the new oil during/after the service.
They are checking the oil somehow? to find out why it is so dark.
Nissan must have a 'CSI' lab somewhere to do the test.
Squashlet View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squashlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:48pm
Quick update for you guys.
Car back on the driveway, for now at least 😤
All faults rectified under Warranty, well I hope that they have.
Supposedly the drivers seat base has been replaced but the fault/noise is still present, also the cloth seat base hasn't been changed as the fabric is still ruffled and sagging. Also whoever took the seat apart has made a complete hash and deeply scratched/gouged the plastic seat adjusting lever 😠 
In fact the vehicle came back from the Dealer with more scratches than it went in with, noticeably on the rear internal N/S wheel arch. I can only think that whilst taking the door card off to fit a new actuator either the fitter caught the wheel arch with something on his/her clothing or the door card.
Something more worrying happened earlier before we left to pick the car up. As I've not received the V5c yet I decided to call the DVLA to ask what the ETA will be. No record on their system and basically I wasn't the legal owner, infact no one was! Had to ask the question again as I was taken back a wee bit. Was told to contact first my insurance company and then the dealer.
Seems as both myself and partner have been using the vehicle for three weeks with no valid insurance. To say that I was furious is an understatement. Seems that the Dealer forgot to contact DVLA to update the V5c, they did it straight away today when they found out about their oversite. I am now the legal new owner and fully insured as we thought we should have been a month ago.
Spoke to the Branch Manager this evening upon finding the mess that the vehicle is in and expecting a phone call tomorrow from the Service Manager to check the condition of the car and hopefully rectify the damage.
All in all its not been a very good way to start my QQ ownership.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic