UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai Forum
    Posted: 28áNová2018 at 12:01pm
Dear Forum Member

As many of you know this forum was set up in 2007, it is not run by a company, or a forum host service which then sells the forum for profit,  it was set up not to be full of adverts or ask very high membership fees each year.

The price was set at the time of ú6.00 the price of a decent car mag, or ú10.00 to include a sticker.

Many of you have enjoyed the forum and your Qashqai's for over ten years now, so that's been a membership of either 60p or ú1 a year!

This year only three people have "Paid" for membership totalling ú26.00 "income" towards the running costs. This in mind means that for a couple of years now I have been paying the fees of the forum, hosting on the servers domain names etc. It is time for me to re think the forum and how it is funded.

I am considering a sale, a pass over to others, or even as a (very) last resort a closure. 

But I know that nearly 140,000 posts in nearly 12,000 topics in 79 Forum(s) and over 13,000 members mean the forum is valued.

It is that value to you that I am asking can you make a small donation to the running costs?

You maybe a member has contributed before, you maybe a member who has thought about it, but not got around to it.

As a certain supermarket says "every little helps" and even a small gesture payment will be gladly received and used exclusively to the keeping of the forum in its current set up. 

Thanks

Frankie

If your heart strings have been pulled then please make your donation here:

Edited by PR07HET - 28áNová2018 at 12:02pm
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2018 at 3:32pm
Happy to...
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2018 at 5:35pm
Me too Frankie.

Years of fun .

Come on you users - cough up......!
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2018 at 7:04pm
I've donated and am shocked at how few people are subscribing to the forum.  Have you considered limiting access further until fee paid?  
Many members are gaining benefit from their 'read only' status. 
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 8:27am
Iĺve done my bit and agree with the comments of Doug999.
Shame if Forum has to close.
1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 8:35am
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

... users - cough up......!

Done.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 9:50am
Glad to help. The reluctance to pay ú6.00 or ú10.00
(about the price of a packet of cigarettes) is strange to say the least.
Has what's been said enough for them to pay up to keep the forum running? A bit of guilt might do it, I'm not sure. As they say "you don't miss something till it's gone".
Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 10:44am
Done.

It is strange that people will spend several thousand pounds on a car but aren't prepared to contribute to a site that that I assume they find useful or they wouldn't have joined in the first place.
It's not right that PR07HET has had to use his own resources to keep the site on line. It is difficult to offer any ideas regarding what to do in the long term as I, and I expect most others here, have no idea what the costs involved in keeping the site online are. If we knew what the short fall is it would be really useful for those who wish to help.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 12:18pm
Here's a thought......................

Instead of non-contributing members being classed as 'Forecourt', how about 'Freeloader' ?? Evil Smile.

Also considered 'Foresk1n' but needs to be gender fluid Wink.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 4:27pm
I have loved my Qashqai since I bought it in January of last year, and I have found this site to be an immense source of information and a feeling of comradeship ever since. I feel extremely gratefull to Frankie and all others who have put so much into it, and thoroughly endorse the comments I see other regular users have posted. I log on almost every day to see what more I can learn, and on a few occasions I have been able to make a contribution.
   I was only too happy to pay my ú10 membership fee when I joined, and am equally happy to chuck a contribution into the pot now. 
   Come on you other readers, play the game.
   Happy Christmas to all!!
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 6:24pm
Happy to repay my sub. Been on here for 3 years now and had some cracking advice
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2018 at 8:56pm
Further to my previous posting, have you considered an annual fee Frankie?  I've been a member of this forum for over 7yrs now which equates to just 85p/yr and reducing!!  I would gladly pay a small annual fee to keep this forum clear of ads.
I now own a QQ and X-Trail and have no hesitation in saying the QQ forum is far superior than its X-Trail neighbour.
Keep up the great work Frankie Clap

Edited by Doug999 - 29áNová2018 at 8:57pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2018 at 5:39am
More than happy to pay a yearly subscription fee. One thing I hate is a forum full of useless adverts. 😡

Made my donation 🙋‍♀️

Edited by Tiffany - 30áNová2018 at 5:53am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áDecá2018 at 11:53am
Hi Frankie, I don't have a Paypal account but will be more than happy to send you a cheque for ú10:00. Tommy
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áDecá2018 at 12:12pm
My PayPal payment went to ĹDark Angelĺ so hope aka
Frankie!!!

1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
Dave R View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áDecá2018 at 8:18am
This forum has been such a source of information since I went down the QQ road a few years ago.I have saved money by referring to this forum before I booked the car in for any work.
I regularly refer to the forum and I am grateful for the advice given by other members.
I too have made a donation and hope this forum continues in it's present form for years to come.
Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áDecá2018 at 5:33pm
A tenner sent from cool, dark ReykjavÝk as a thank you for all the hints and help gained on this site. :)
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áDecá2018 at 7:56pm
Hey Thrall... will be in Reykjavik next year in June....  Wink

Edited by Udo2009 - 02áDecá2018 at 7:57pm
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2018 at 10:32am
Dear All

I will get around to thank you all who have sent a donation.

For now please receive my little thanks on her.

Frankie

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic