Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai ready for Showroom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai ready for Showroom
    Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 5:54pm
Couple of pictures of my QQ waiting to go into the showroom where it will stay until I pick it up on Saturday.

To say I am happy with it is an understatement it is absolutely unbelievably fantastic just needs the 4 mud guards and the acrylic number plates I have made with the Nissan badge to go on.

Roll on Saturday at 9am blue skies and sunshine would be appreciated!!!!

anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:20pm
Lookimg good. Like the fromt and rear scuff plates.
If you dont mind me asking, how much were they to add?
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:30pm
Forecast is good for the weekend
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by anth anth wrote:

Lookimg good. Like the fromt and rear scuff plates.
If you dont mind me asking, how much were they to add?

Thanks, for both plates it was £399 inc vat and fitting at the dealership.
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by sandman sandman wrote:

Forecast is good for the weekend

Happy days!!!
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:59pm
Looking great Colin.
Saturday will soon be here.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Akobalm View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Akobalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 7:52pm
Thumbs up there Colin gorgeous.
QQ Premier (#775/2007) as of 1st of March 2014, 2013 Ford Ranger for construction site work.
nigelu2 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nigelu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 8:20pm
Absolute stunner. Loving the chrome. May it shine bright on Saturday. :-)
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 8:27pm
Looks as yummy as hell I want mine
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
marianda24 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 9:39pm
Wow, Colin. There are only 2 words that spring to mind and they are "awesome and stunning"

Love the plates too. Tell me though, to be within the law, are the plates supposed to have a post code on of the company who have made them
GILL
2014 New Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6dci CVT (Ink Blue)
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by marianda24 marianda24 wrote:

Wow, Colin. There are only 2 words that spring to mind and they are "awesome and stunning"

Love the plates too. Tell me though, to be within the law, are the plates supposed to have a post code on of the company who have made them

Thanks, it looks even better in the flesh.

That used to be the case but not any more. If a registration is spaced correctly there is no need to have a company name or postcode to be legal and pass an MOT. I will post a link tomorrow to the official rules for number plates. There are only certain badges that would pass an MOT (GB, EURO national badges etc) if you have a Car Marque like Nissan you probably wouldn't pass an MOT but you are very unlikely to get stopped by you know who!!
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 9:34am
How about Qashqai Club logo? Perhaps you could be our plates supplier?
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Whopper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:03am
Looks super in white.
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

How about Qashqai Club logo? Perhaps you could be our plates supplier?

I have spoken to craigfishin about this and he has sent me the club logo. I am speaking to my web developer about how we could get the logo on to a number plate.

Problem is it is long and slim so to fit on the left hand side of the plate it might have to face upwards which might not look good.

I can supply members with personalised car standard plates for £20 per set (pick up) to include legal 3D lettering, black border and a badge (as image below) of their choice and either adhesive or self tappers with coloured caps.

Postage is 1st class £5.65, 2nd class £5.20.

blackhawkf1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Doylo Doylo wrote:

That used to be the case but not any more. If a registration is spaced correctly there is no need to have a company name or postcode to be legal and pass an MOT. I will post a link tomorrow to the official rules for number plates. There are only certain badges that would pass an MOT (GB, EURO national badges etc) if you have a Car Marque like Nissan you probably wouldn't pass an MOT but you are very unlikely to get stopped by you know who!!

Hi there, I have a private plate on another car in the family, and mine doesn't have BS marks or postcodes on and it just passed MOT with no issues.

I did however look at the DVLA website and in theory atleast, all plates should have them.

Extract DVLA Leaflet INF104:-

The British Standard for number plates

The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)

the name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier

and the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.

Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:06pm

Link to MOT rules concerning number plates, reasons for failing an MOT do not mention company names, postcodes or BS numbers.

www.motuk.co.uk/manual_630.htm
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by blackhawkf1 blackhawkf1 wrote:

Originally posted by Doylo Doylo wrote:

Hi there, I have a private plate on another car in the family, and mine doesn't have BS marks or postcodes on and it just passed MOT with no issues.

I did however look at the DVLA website and in theory atleast, all plates should have them.

Extract DVLA Leaflet INF104:-

<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">The British Standard for number plates</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)

the name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">and </span><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.</span>

The law is an ass the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
It used to be a requirement that a BS number, company name and postcode needed to be on the plate to pass an MOT this is not the case any more see the link I have posted for MOT rules. Your car has passed an MOT without the above which proves this is correct.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:25pm
It does look that they have no clue as to what they require. Thanks for sharing the link.

The same private plates have been swapped from cars I've owned since 1998, and had no issues what so ever.

Not that we'll be needing MOT's for a whileSmile!

BTW Your car is fantastic - think I need to look down the sofa for the money for those side bars, they look excellent.

It is the first time I have seen the front styling bar on a real car (instead of the nissan accessory video), looks good.

Edited by blackhawkf1 - 25 Feb 2014 at 2:29pm

Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:52pm

It does look that they have no clue as to what they require. Thanks for sharing the link.

The same private plates have been swapped from cars I've owned since 1998, and had no issues what so ever.

Not that we'll be needing MOT's for a whileSmile!

BTW Your car is fantastic - think I need to look down the sofa for the money for those side bars, they look excellent.

It is the first time I have seen the front styling bar on a real car (instead of the nissan accessory video), looks good.

Hopefully a few people see the link and realise they do not have to have all the info on the plate which ruin the way they look.

What I like about the side bars and the front/rear styling plates is that they are subtle not in your face big and brash.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:09pm
Hi Colin
Thank you very much for the link to the MOT rules regarding plates. I will be ordering a set for my hubby's car on Thursday (when my pension is paid) as discussed in our email conversation and I will confirm which logo to use. I will also be ordering some with my personal reg on for my car when we see what happens about the club logo. Do you know what the postage is for 2 sets of plates?

Thanks very much
GILL
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:36pm

Hi Colin
Thank you very much for the link to the MOT rules regarding plates. I will be ordering a set for my hubby's car on Thursday (when my pension is paid) as discussed in our email conversation and I will confirm which logo to use. I will also be ordering some with my personal reg on for my car when we see what happens about the club logo. Do you know what the postage is for 2 sets of plates?

Thanks very much

Hi Gill

No problem as I mentioned the law is very confusing.

Having a few issues with my web developer at the moment so it might be another week or so before I can add more cartoon characters to my plate designer and the club logo might prove to be difficult (long and slim) but they are working on it.

I will check with the post office tomorrow but I think posting two sets of plates will probably be the same price as one £5.20 2nd class and £5.65 1st. Bit of a rip off but they put all their prices up in April just before they floated, number plates went up from £2.20 2nd and £2.95 1st.

Just had some very good news my dealer who has been brilliant is going to deliver the car to my house at 3.30pm Friday obviously I can't drive it until after 12 but I can put the new plates on and take it first thing Saturday to my friend to Supaguard the paintwork!!!

Edited by Doylo - 25 Feb 2014 at 4:40pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:46pm
Wow that is good news! Will your friend be able to get all the drool off the car before he Supaguards it!

Thanks for the info about the plates, Colin. No doubt you will keep us informed. Ive got until 26th March for hubby's plates to arrive so plenty of time
GILL
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:53pm

Wow that is good news! Will your friend be able to get all the drool off the car before he Supaguards it!

Thanks for the info about the plates, Colin. No doubt you will keep us informed. Ive got until 26th March for hubby's plates to arrive so plenty of time

Yes he is very good and does a great job it takes about two and a half hours as there are three different coats to put on.

I will keep you updated about the logos.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:56pm
Great thanks. I hope youre not intending sleeping in your car on Saturday night?
GILL
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 5:45pm

Great thanks. I hope youre not intending sleeping in your car on Saturday night?

Don't be silly I am going to leave our guard dog Ozzy the Cockapoo in the car over night he would frighten any would be thief off!!!! lol

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:24pm
Definitely would. OMG he looks so vicious doesnt he?
GILL
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:24pm
Hi Colin , many thanks for the swift delivery of the personal number plates. Spot on, great service

Edited by sandman - 25 Feb 2014 at 6:25pm
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:50pm

Definitely would. OMG he looks so vicious doesnt he?

It is a comfort to know we can all sleep safely knowing he would lick a thief to death!!!!
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:52pm

Hi Colin , many thanks for the swift delivery of the personal number plates. Spot on, great service

Thanks Tony,

Hope to see them on your car soon!
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:13pm
As soon as the tax disc is back from the Dvla.
Does that stand for Delay Vehicle Liscense Authority.

Edited by sandman - 25 Feb 2014 at 7:14pm
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:32pm

As soon as the tax disc is back from the Dvla.
Does that stand for Delay Vehicle Liscense Authority.

Usually!!!
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:31pm
In the showroom at the dealership.

Mudguards haven't arrived yet hopefully they will come before Friday!

50 hours and counting before it is on my driveway

1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:47pm
Trying to stop myself drooling over that... Man that looks niceeeeeeee! 
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:55pm
Looking very smart.Approve

As it is a sold car, is it locked up whilst it is in the showroom?

Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 2:10pm

Looking very smart.Approve

As it is a sold car, is it locked up whilst it is in the showroom?

Thanks.

Yes they have kept it locked.

The dealership (Arbury Bromsgrove) have been brilliant and as it is the first car they have blinged up I said they could put it in the showroom for a few days. Might help sell a few cars (not that they need help).

They gave me a good discount off all the accessories and gave me £600 for the 19in OE Alloys that were on the car originally.   
1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic