UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Qashqai software upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hilly2k16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qashqai software upgrade
    Posted: 20áAprá2017 at 7:07pm
Hi, I have a Qashqai 1.2 DIG, 2015. I took it to the dealership today to have a new battery fitted (a common fault due to a bad batch apparently). Whilst there i was told it needed a software update. Does anyone know what this software is? The lady in the service dept couldn't explain but said something about mpg?????. I was in a rush otherwise i would have went to the workshop area and asked. They also fitted a rear wheel arch bracket which is also a recall issue. I wonder if i would've got a phone call/letter/email to have these issues sorted if i hadn't had to go in and see them about the battery fault??

Thanks in advance

Tony
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áAprá2017 at 8:13pm
If your QQ registration isn't registered with Nissan they wouldn't be able to mail you. Hopefully dealer has registered you, but I'd check;
also register yourself @
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html
I understand that QQ's with STOP/START batteries have to have the new battery programmed by the dealer to car's BCM system.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAprá2017 at 2:01pm
It includes, camera sensor updates, system warnings, service gaps, these days is very normal and another reason for using dealerships for servicing. 

Cars get more and more software in them, soon we will be just upgrading them every two years like a mobile phone, ending in effect car "ownership" but lots of rental PCP options.

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAprá2017 at 10:12pm
The Connect software also gets updated occasionally at the dealers, latest version is D302 and fixed a lot of problems caused by the DAB retune.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic