Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Membership
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

QASHQAI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fujitsu1522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QASHQAI
    Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 12:55am
Ever since I took delivery of my QASHQAI, second day at home opened doors to Little spiders rolling down from Webs, brushed them away, then wife spotted another one, almost on a daily occurrence there's little brown Spiders, the other day I had ine crawling my leg whilst driving? There beyond a joke now? Anyone help me please???? I've tried insect spray and shut doors, no luck though, still there?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 1:30am
Hi Fujitsu, glad it's not mine .

You don't say if your car is new or second hand. If it's new... Call the dealer. If it's second hand, give it a good vacuum , and mix 3oz white vinegar with 1 oz vanilla essence and spray the car, also soak cotton balls in the solution and leave around the car. Don't forget under the floor in boot.

Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : Club Rules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman
Tiffany

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 11 Aug 2014 at 1:43am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:41am
We have some small spiders that seem to hang out in the door mirrors. I have tried jet washing the mirrors but still get webs decorating the car every morning! 
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
SnaxMuppet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnaxMuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 9:07am
Don't have my QQ yet but my other car has spiders int he mirrors constantly. Clear the web every morning :)
Fujitsu1522 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fujitsu1522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:13am
I myself have had normal spiders on mirrors as you mention, but no these are a light brown I think,
They seem to be like baby's, if the mother is larger that is, but to me I've never seen any like this, they are light brown I think,
I tried wasp killer, sprayed car shut doors, still there next day, but with hit weather, I've had one crawling my leg whilst driving!!!!!!
Now it's not funny, Sorry about description, it's the New Model Qashqai 1.5 ......are these assembled in uk?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:29am
They're built in Sunderland, Fujitsu.

I have a flea spray that kills everything it's called " virbac " contains. Pyriproxyfen & permethrin.

Only available from the vet. It cost £12.00 per 500ml tin.

If the spiders walk through the spray.... ( even once dry) they take it back to the nest and kill the horrid little monsters

Tiff

P.s if you get it.... Don't breath in the mist/ vapours. Open all windows for an hour or so before driving.

Edited by Tiffany - 11 Aug 2014 at 10:32am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:33am
It could be an add on for the Connect so we can get on the web LOL
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
Happy Tekna View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:45am
I get these damn arachnids creating a web on the rear wiper assy. Is this a colour related issue?

Pesky critters.
Confused
conno57 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 11:36am
Its probably the deadly north east jumping spider you have in your car. 
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 11:57am
I replied on Twitter this morning:

Spiders are enjoying a bumper year nothing to do with where you are or what car you drive.

Get some conkers, spider hate them and avoid any area.
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Happy Tekna View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Tekna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 2:22pm
Hey Pro7het have ever tried tying conkers to your windscreen wipers. LOL They hake a hell of a racket when driving, not to metion when you need to wipe the screen...Shocked
Fujitsu1522 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fujitsu1522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 4:28pm
Cheers guys...They might of emigrated today. No sign of them. .lol living the qashqai 1.5 diesel..
I've just Been writing for about 20 mind on my phone and lost the lot
So shirt and sweet....great car. Still trying to work out a few things. I'm sure my dealer walked away from the car and it locked automatically ?
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 10:34pm
Conkers would leave dents in the bodywork
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 9:39am
Place some conkers in the ash tray / cup holder Fee not throw them at the car!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 8:09pm
Ooh, i though you meant them dangling from the mirrors... You know a bit like Crocodile Dundees corks on his hat!!!

D-oh!!

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic