Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

QQ vs QQ+2 From Those Who've Owned Both

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QQ vs QQ+2 From Those Who've Owned Both
    Posted: 25áNová2015 at 9:16am
Hello,

I know there are some of you out there, so I'd like to ask for your opinions please.

I'm increasingly thinking I will be returning to a Qashqai in a few years time, but would like to know how those people who have owned a Qashqai and a Qashqai +2 thought about how they compared.

My reasons for thinking about the +2 is that we have 2 dogs; a labrador and a greyhound, and I'm not certain the normal Qashqai has a boot that is big enough to take the two of them comfortably.

I'm also keen to hear how the two compare in terms of ride quality, handling and fuel economy.

If you have the time to share your thoughts, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks

David
Used to own 57-plate 2.0dCi Acenta 4WD in Flame Red

Did have a 1.6dCi Tekna CVT in Ink Blue on order in 2014 but got cancelled.....

I miss my QQ and may be back in a few years
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áNová2015 at 9:44am
Hi David Big smile.

Yes - I've had both (see signature) and never noticed a compromise on economy, performance, handling or ride with the +2.  We only used the extra seats once in the 3 years (curious granddaughter wanted to do so LOL).  The extra boot space was handy though.  Managed to get two single deep mattresses in Shocked.  Had to fold one slightly which nearly took my head off when I opened the tailgate Ouch.

Can recommend.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áNová2015 at 7:19pm
Thanks G5 - you were one of those I was hoping would contribute

In your opinion, would my dogs be happy with the space in the back if I didn't use the 3rd row of seats (that's my intention, similar to the way you used it)?

Cheers

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áNová2015 at 8:37pm
Not a doggie expert I'm afraid. The +2 is about 200mm longer from memory. Why not trace one in a dealer and pop along with your doggies?
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áNová2015 at 9:55pm
Had both, both 1.5s, currently +2, dont need the seats but also  have two dogs & that was one of main reasons I swapped to a +2. Apart from size of boot cant say I've  noticed any difference ride of economy wise. Thumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áNová2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Not a doggie expert I'm afraid. The +2 is about 200mm longer from memory. Why not trace one in a dealer and pop along with your doggies?

I think it's fair to say that will happen before too long

Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áNová2015 at 7:08pm
Thanks Ericos. I assume you have found (or did find when making the choice) there was enough difference in the size of the boot to make going for the +2 the preferred option? Are your dogs a lot happier in there?

Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMayá2016 at 2:03pm
Has any one else come across a dog "fence" to fit above the rear seats, to stop their dogs from jumping from the back of the car, into the back seat area, or worse into the front seats yet?
I have made one myself that fits onto the top of the back seat rests where the head rests fit. As I very very rarely carry any passengers in the back seats, the removal of the head rests is not a problem for me.
I may if anyone is interested try and post a picture of it on here but I am not very savvy as far as posting pictures is concerned so a bit of help would be appreciated.
Please excuse the large font but, I am waiting for eye surgery in three weeks time to remove a cataract from the first eye, which is hindering my sight. 

Edited by Alan66 - 21áMayá2016 at 2:06pm
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMayá2016 at 8:16pm
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic