Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

questions on servicing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: questions on servicing
    Posted: 06áJulá2017 at 9:45pm
had the usual call from nissan (london) today for the reminder of service due.
firstly told service due on august 4th,replied 3rd september,reason probably is the first service i had was a month early due to holidays etc.when i said i would like it the 3rd september the reply i got was by doing that i could have warranty problems,he then told me my mot was due in september to which i replied "dont think so as the car will be only two years old"he then started to get a bit arrogant,not that it bothered me.
next question was i am due for re gassing of a/c and some filter to be replaced etc at a cost of ú74.00.
no thanks i replied.
couple of questions,ref servicing would my warranty be affected due to having service done 1 month early.
also ref a/c re gassing 3rd nissan owned = 5 services and never been asked about a/c before.Confused
any opinionsThumbs Up
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2017 at 12:22pm
Hi

Mine 3rd year service is due in September apparently (car registered 31 October) so I must have had an early one last time.

Not a bad idea as there are things they have been unable to fix repeatedly (they are intermittent and they say they can't replicate) and it could be bye bye before her 3rd birthday if they persist.

As I understand it, service is 12.5k or 12 months, whichever sooner, so if I held on until 31 October it would be over 12 months and yes - they could wheedle out of a claim I guess.

á

EDIT - 12.5k not 25k

Edited by G5 BOY - 07áJulá2017 at 6:58pm
QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Hi

Mine 3rd year service is due in September apparently (car registered 31 October) so I must have had an early one last time.

Not a bad idea as there are things they have been unable to fix repeatedly (they are intermittent and they say they can't replicate) and it could be bye bye before her 3rd birthday if they persist.

As I understand it, service is 25k or 12 months, whichever sooner, so if I held on until 31 October it would be over 12 months and yes - they could wheedle out of a claim I guess.

Mine that I bought in March will be 3 years old also on October 31st, and I was told by the dealership it's a good idea to get the service and first MOT done well in advance of that when it's still in manufacturers warranty.  I have an extended warranty with them, but I guess it's less hassle for them if its under manufancturers warranty rather than their Cared4 warranty extension.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2017 at 6:47pm
Had QQ now over 5yrs from new and the a/c is still good as new without any need for regassing. Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

Had QQ now over 5yrs from new and the a/c is still good as new without any need for regassing. Thumbs Up
-----------------------------never had a car re gassed in my life,ú75.00 **** that,
if have a problem go to plan b,open sunroof and windowsLOL
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic