UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Radio Code?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Code?
    Posted: 07áJuná2010 at 9:57pm
Hi,
I have a 2008 Qashqai (Visia), the other day I had to look up the radio code for my wifes Punto. This got me thinking about my Qashqai and off I went looking for the code (should I ever need it). Looked through the manual and it appears the radio/cd for the qashqai does not have the straight forward code that other cars seem to have, but is linked to the immobiliser.
Can anyone confirm this is the case, and in the event of the battery being disconnected no 'radio code' is required.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJuná2010 at 10:27pm
it does require the code in my tekna but thats on the connect
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
kingarthur64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 8:07am
Perhaps I should get on to Nissan dealer and see what they say!
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 8:25am
Is the code for the radio not on a separate card in the Nissan wallet that holds the service book and manualErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 2:41pm
No, I don't think I have anything, or was given anything with a code. My owners manual does not mention any codes only that the radio/cd unit is linked to the immobiliser and cannot be used in any other vehicle.
It does not mentiuon anything about using codes if refitting after battery removal etc
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 2:52pm
 it will be on a credit sized card inside the flap of your manual case
see below the code is under the black strip ive covered mine with

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
paulhic View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulhic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 3:22pm
Thats were mine is and this reminds me of the first new Transit I got about 14 years ago and the radio wasn't working I phoned the dealer and he told me to remove the ashtray and the sticker with the code was stuck to the bottom. Sure enough it was there, talk about security lol. Different times I suppose.
QQ 1.5 dci Acenta Black . May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you are dead
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 5:15pm
Definitely have not got anything like that. Why is this not mentioned in the owners manual. The only mention of radio security in my manual is as I have already stated, that the radio is paired to the immobiliser and can in no way be used on another vehicle. There are no instructions about inputting any codes upon re-connection.Maybe it is different between models.
I will ring dealer tomorrow to try to get my code.
I suppose I could try disconnecting my battery and see what happens (second thoughts maybe not a wise idea)!!!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 5:35pm
call the dealer mate before you disconnect anything
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 5:49pm
Yeah, I was only joking !
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJuná2010 at 10:01am
Even my dealer does not seem to know whether my particularly vehicle needs a 'radio code'. Said they would try to find out and call me back, of course never heard another thing. Will have to try again!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJuná2010 at 10:22am
just keep ringing them arthur
o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2010 at 12:48pm
no code needed! your visia single cd unit is ecu programmed....if you take it out of your car it wont work in any other car hence no code needed!
the navi system as mentioned in the NTEC/tekna range does have a code which should be supplied with the vehicle!
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2010 at 3:20pm
Oh, ok thanks for that o_ptic.
I was beginning to wonder why there was no mention in the handbook. All my previous cars have had detailed instructions on how to insert code after battery disconnected.
Bill View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2010 at 6:08pm
When i got my QQ  in the big wallet you get radio code on a card and instructions how to enter it in the connect manual as well that comes with the package hope this helps.
o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2010 at 6:49pm
Hi Bill, as mentioned in my post the navi system as supplied in the NTEC/tekna range does have a code which is supplied with the vehicle!
bazzle View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJuná2010 at 11:20am
The code is built into the headunit. Clarion are the only ones who can change it or make it work in another vehicle. Nissan dealers have a list of authorised centres.
It talks to the individual car it is coded to.
New units talk when 1st turned on ans stay paired.

Bazzle
niddnet View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niddnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áAugá2010 at 4:46pm
I had this when I was repairing an in-dash CD Changer in an X registered Primera.  Took it out to work on it - fixed the problem, but it wouldn't actually *DO* anything.  Put it back in the vehicle and connected it up fully - it still wouldn't work.

I had to actually put the whole thing back together, and re-mount both the stereo and CD Changer into the dash, before it all came back to life.

Vauxhall do a very similar thing, where the stereo and main ECU are 'linked' - and to swap or change a stereo, has to be a dealer-only job - you have to remove the link between both devices, and then re-link with the new.  You can't just pull a stereo out of a newer vauxhall and clear the code either, I understand, you can only clear the code on the stereo through the ECU / management system.

kevsw View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áDecá2010 at 6:02pm
Hello can anyone confirm if the Qasqhai+2 Visia single cd unit DOESNT need a radio code- I have been hunting frantically for it! 
qasha18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qasha18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áDecá2010 at 7:20pm
it is called a radiopass card it states the model no & pin number + date of issue and yes all the radio's are coded [its like a credit card and should be in owners wallet] Thumbs Up 
Magnetic red QQ Acenta1.5 dci has now gone to auction?. ,I have now picked up my Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country Lux.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áDecá2010 at 7:31pm
only the connect has a radio pass

the 6cd autochanger doesnt have a code its linked to your car and just wont work in any car but yours ,my guess would be the single cd is the same or you would have a card in your handbook and the dealer would have pointed it out when you collected 
qasha18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qasha18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áDecá2010 at 7:50pm

Craigf

My acenta 1.5dCi came with a radiopass card & is a single cd player pickup 26/11/10 Thumbs Up

Magnetic red QQ Acenta1.5 dci has now gone to auction?. ,I have now picked up my Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country Lux.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áDecá2010 at 7:54pm
qasha can i see a pic of it ?? , not seen one yet

im surprised its isnt done the same way as the 6cd version being linked to the immobilizer ,do they look the same??

maybe easier to have a code same as the connect
o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 6:30pm
depending on the age of the car; the original visia, acenta and teknas were all body control module (BCM) coded - so the card that you have with your log book is actually not a radio key...i believe from memory it has the door/ignition key code - but dont quote me on that lol
The connect (navi) as craigfishin states comes with a 4 digit code.

....however there is a new audio unit but im not sure if its applied to the QQ yet, its curently in the Juke - this unit is also 4 digit coded.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 6:39pm
is that the single cd player ??
o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 6:44pm
yep, sure is!
Its visibly different to the original Clarion unit, Qasha18 could have the unit?
qasha18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qasha18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 6:57pm
I have sent a pic to craig  of the radio? Thumbs Up
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 7:19pm
here it is

o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2010 at 7:58pm
yep thats the new unit, this one has a 4 digit code!
kevsw View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 7:59am
Although my car was delivered only a few weeks back too Im sure its NOT the same as the one in the picture, has anyone got a picture of the old single CD unit as my car is in the garage at the moment so cant check? Perhaps Ive got the old unit which doesnt come with a radio code then.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 11:05am
the old unit was the 6 cd autochanger
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 11:07am
it looked like this

Edited by craigfishin - 11áDecá2010 at 11:10am
kevsw View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 2:09pm
Yes that's the same Craig so mine hasnt got a radio code then as its the previous version? 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 3:34pm
yes mate , no code , and it takes 6 cds at once
o_ptic View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote o_ptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2010 at 5:14pm
visia had a single version, looked similar to the 6 disc unit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic