UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rain Sensing Wipers Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makemywish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rain Sensing Wipers Question
    Posted: 04áJaná2018 at 7:44pm
Ok. So J11, 2015 Nissan Qashqai DIG-t n-tec 1.2l petrol car with rain sensing wipers. The manual is pretty much useless in clearly explaining how to operate the wipers in auto mode. The attached image is my car's wiper stick. I think I know how the front wipers operate in rain sensing mode. 

Question: In the Do the rear wipers too operate in rain sensing mode or do they operate only when employed manually?

https://s14.postimg.org/w42anbb2p/IMG_0267.jpg
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2018 at 10:04pm
Rear wipers manual only!
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2018 at 5:19pm
Hi makemywish,

I'm afraid that I'm not at all sure about the J11 set-up, because I have the older J10. However, it would expect it to be quite similar. To get a single wipe, I press the wiper lever up once, from which it springs back automatically. To engage auto mode I press it down 1 click. The pause between wipes is controlled by rotating the bezel on the stalk, with the shorter bars giving a shorter pause between wipes, although I have to say that it often seems to do it's own thing anyway, including going into hyper mode quite without cause.
As someone else has said, the opersation of the rear wiper is manual, except for when I engage reverse gear whilst the front wipers are operating. It then gives a single wipe.

Hope this helps.
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2018 at 11:53pm
You'll see that the J11 rear wiper has no "Auto" option in its positions, so you can have it off, intermittent or on. The front ones do have an "Auto" position, as well as off, and two speeds of constant wipe, and work just as both Devondave and the manual describe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic