Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rattle from boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rattle from boot
    Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 4:29pm
So another fault identified for me by the forum.  Yep, my boot lock has started to rattle.  Adjusting the rubber bump stops and placing some tape over the catch has temporarily muted the noise.  

However, for a permanent fix does anyone have the part number of the revised catch which cures this properly?
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:42pm
OK so the latest part number for the boot catch appears to be 90502EY11D
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:44pm
Duck tape on the catch cured the problem for me for 4 months till the tape had worn a bit.  Took 30 seconds to put some fresh tape on.  Would rather do that every 4 months than pay 50 for a new catch!
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:08pm
chrisw99 I'm with you on that one!  That's why I'm delighted my local dealer has ordered the part and will either include it as part of the Cared4 warranty or, if it is not covered, claim from Nissan as goodwill. Tongue
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 8:46pm
chrisw99  Have you any pictures showing how you done it please
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by vic21 vic21 wrote:

chrisw99  Have you any pictures showing how you done it please

Here you go.   Just any old tape around the catch to make it a little thicker will do.. (and yes, I need to get the vac and some wipes out and give it a clean round there...!)

elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:56pm
I have some concerns that that tape would constantly need replacing as it wears.  Someone on here suggested rubbing the latch and the catch with copper grease.  Did that a year ago and it's been absolutely fine ever since.
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 10:36am
chrisw99 many thanks for the pic.

Have continuous tapping noise from rear which could be the boot so will try the tape option and see if that fixes it.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 12:49pm
Chrisw99.  Sorry to take so long to let you know but only just used car yesterday to go to Walsal.... Wife has used it though. Anyway put tape on before I left here and works great. Didn't realise it was the actual catch. Thought it was the mechanism on the boot lid hence why I asked for picture but appreciated your help.

Kind regards
vic21
Sailor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 3:40pm
Many thanks for the above advice. Works a treat! When the gaffer tape wears out I will try copper grease, but for now we have a nice quiet car, no rattles and no nagging about it either. Result and all for about 5p!!
Brgds
Sailor
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:30pm
Rattle is caused by dry lock mechanism. Lubricate the lock with teflon based lubricant and the rattle is gone. Hard to believe that, just give it a try and you see yourself.
Sailor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 12:40pm
Hi Duncho, thanks for that, lube duly applied and all is now well.
Thank you very much
Sailor
Deano Essex View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:33pm
LOL,... I watched a few video's on You Tube and was shown differen solutions. I stripped the tailgate to bits and placed foam tape everywhere but it still rattled.. A little old man (neighbour) came up to me to see what i was doing and told me to just put tape around the latch (as shown above) which i did and viola problem solved lol... Wish i'd come here first :-) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic