UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

re. diy servicing on 1.6 petrol ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: re. diy servicing on 1.6 petrol ??
    Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:13pm
After getting a fright by what the Local Nissan dealers were wanting for an M3 service been thinking off doing a DIY service and looked around ebay at some off the various service kits available, comments re the following one for sale ??
 car is on around 28500 miles and would like to get this done soon. take it from the looks off things the only thing that would also be required would  be the oil itself ??

2008-Qashqai Acenta( blue 1.6 ) & 2009 - Qashqai n-tek ( silver 1.6 ) within the family !!
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:47pm
Interesting to see the Ebay description that fitting of their filters will not affect your warranty.  Any DIY servicing will violate the warranty T&Cs as the parts need to be fitted by 'qualified' mechanics.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:02pm
Yes okay thanks should have said that car is now out off warranty and well to be honest as long as I know its being actually receiving its service am not particularly bothered that its not going to have a nissan stamp within the book.

to be honest from looking at the link I put up I think buying the bits and pieces seperatly could well prove a better buy, genuine nissan filters , ngk spark plugs etc, pollen filter - actually required ??!!

used to get a lot off parts for my old car- subaru impreza wrx from Importcarparts who sold genuine dealer  parts at a fraction off the dealer prices, will see if they can supply nissan parts.

oil - will do a search on here but staying within this thread, rough price off decent oil for the oil change in a 1.6 petrol ???  

2008-Qashqai Acenta( blue 1.6 ) & 2009 - Qashqai n-tek ( silver 1.6 ) within the family !!
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:53am
Agree the servicing is a bit on the steep side, got my 3 year service due in a couple of weeks now. I know I'll need 2 new front tyres ( after only 15K miles ) so it will be hefty! In all fairness though I've never had any issues in-between services, and have always been given a courtesy car without asking for it.

Servicing last year costs a total of £380 Shocked, I had to sit down as I turned pale, which is saying something as both my parents are from the Caribbean! LOL

Peace

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:29am
My last QQ  1.6 petrol was on a fixed service agreement paid at purchase of car! from dealer.
1st service no problems. 2nd service no problems except for the "recommended pollen filter and brake fluid change " not being included and so began the list of exclusions.to upfront deal. i took the fluid change for safety reasons and not too dear ,left the filter whilst I researched into it or how to change it over. Got an upgrade QQ offer / deal a few months later. I bet they never did the pollen filter before selling that 1st QQ on.
 I am sure the left me with a litre of oil to top up as part of last service ,if i find it in shed I will put details on line for you later today  good luck!
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 4:50pm
Hi jono,   my car was serviced a uncle arnolds nissan dealership livingston. Looked for top up kit they put in car and now its even more confusing.Confused I had never opened it up -its a blue bag with a shell helix advert on outside - now inside it is a plastic bag with a cardboard funnel also marked shell helix oils, a paper towel and disposable gloves.
plus one litre of engine oil. engine oil is HAVOLINE brand! Questionextra 10w-40 part synthetic ,says on it suitable for standard and turbocharged petrol diesel and lpg.
Thing is shell is a Dutch company, Havoline is part of Chevron a US giant. dont know how that came about maybe someone switched it out or what. dont suppose I have been any help then ! Sorry friend nothing is straight forward these days. hope someone else can define the oil for you.
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:04pm
Had a quick look on internet and noted that Glyn Hopkins sells a kit with oil excluding spark plugs for around £37.00 and they are part of this forum I think. best of luck.

Nissan Qashqai Service Kit (1.6 & 2.0 Petrol Engine)

nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:22pm

Nissan Servicing

Just like you, your Nissan needs care and attention to keep it in good working shape. Finding a reliable, cost-effective service can be a real dilemma. Why not let us take the strain? Our Fixed Price Service offer goes hand in hand with the You+Nissan Care scheme to ensure we're not only looking after your Nissan, but you as well.

Your car will be scrutinised from bonnet to bumper by our trained technicians using Nissan genuine parts, whilst we keep you mobile free of charge. When you're back on the open road, we’ll say thanks by providing you with complimentary Nissan Roadside Assistance. Take advantage of Fixed Price Servicing now for as little as £109 - peace of mind comes at no extra cost.

Book Now

Find out more about the You+Nissan Care Scheme at www.nissan.co.uk/care

BRONZE SERVICE - £109.00

Have your Nissan Serviced for £109.00 with complimentary Nissan Roadside Assistance.

• Note any body or windscreen damage
  • Check operation of lights and horn
  • Check washers and wipers
  • Change engine oil
  • Fit new sump plug washer
  • Fit new engine oil filter
  • Check brake pipes and lines
  • Check exhaust system
  • Check front brake pads
  • Check rear brake pads/shoes
  • Inspect tyres and set pressures
  • Report on tyre tread depth
  • Check cooling system for leaks
  • Check antifreeze coolant
  • Check all drive belts (not cambelts)
  • Check brake & other fluid levels
  • Add screen wash and top up fluid
  • Check and adjust clutch cable freeplay
  • Check battery condition
  • Road test to check: brakes, steering, suspension, engine and gearbox, heating system, abnormal noises

CLOSE

SILVER SERVICE - £169.00

Have your Nissan Serviced for £169.00 with complimentary Nissan Roadside Assistance

• Everything from Bronze Service plus
  • Pressure check cooling system
  • Check suspension dampers
  • Check handbrake operation
  • Fit new spark plugs*
  • Fit new air filter
  • Check & advise on cambelt
  • Check & adjust idle speed
  • * Platinum spark plugs replaced at extra cost

CLOSE

GOLD SERVICE - £229.00

Have your Nissan Serviced for £229.00 with complimentary Nissan Roadside Assistance

• Everything from Silver Service plus
  • Renew brake fluid & bleed brakes
  • Replace coolant
  • Fit new fuel filter
  • Check PCV system
  • Check and adjust ignition timing
  • Check and adjust emissions

CLOSE

APPLICABLE VEHICLES:

Our dealers only use Nissan Genuine replacement parts when they carry out repairs on your vehicle. Read More

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

i) Fixed Price Servicing is only available for the following Nissan vehicles.*

Micra, NOTE, Almera, Primera, Tino, X-Trail (T30), QASHQAI and QASHQAI+2.

* All vehicles must be over 3 years old (from date of first registration) to qualify for Fixed Price Servicing.Please refer to the vehicle registration document for your vehicle's registration date.

ii) Fixed Price Servicing is only available at participating dealers.

iii) Fixed Price Servicing must be mentioned at the time of booking the Service.

iv) Advertised prices include labour & VAT.

v) Nissan reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Fixed price Servicing Offer at its sole discretion at any time.

sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:30pm
thats a good bit of info there Nige65.Thumbs Up
flutesalad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flutesalad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:16pm
Did an engine service on my 2 litre about a month ago.

Oil - Comma Xtech 5w 30 off of Ebay £21
Plugs - 4 x NGK PLZKAR6A-11 (5118) off of Ebay £18.50
Air Filter - K&N off of Ebay £37
Oil Filter - Blueprint from local Factors £6

QQ Tekna 2.0 CVT
jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:56pm
Okay great thanks for that, any idea if there would be anything else required other than the things you bought for the 30k service ??  
jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 7:09pm
Okay great thanks for that, any idea if there would be anything else required other than the things you bought for the 30k service ??  
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:59pm
Thats what Westway call a "Level Service" I assume - the prices are the same...

Rang my dealer after getting those quotes from Westway Southampton (closest to me) and was told "yes sir, we do the Level Service" but its only applicable to Petrol cars"

Whats that all about??

Nige65, can you put a link up to that page please if poss - my dealer is really starting to p155 me off now!!

Edit
No need for link - the "Read More" was still live...

Edited by gadget - 05 Mar 2012 at 10:00pm
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 11:14pm
No mention of just petrol cars on the website misleading or false advertising someone is wrong i would say westway .

Edited by nige65 - 05 Mar 2012 at 11:14pm

jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:16am
[QUOTE=flutesalad] Did an engine service on my 2 litre about a month ago.

Oil - Comma Xtech 5w 30 off of Ebay £21
Plugs - 4 x NGK PLZKAR6A-11 (5118) off of Ebay £18.50
Air Filter - K&N off of Ebay £37
Oil Filter - Blueprint from local Factors £6

You got a link to who supplied the NGK spark plugs on ebay at £18.50 thats a great price . 
flutesalad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flutesalad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:11am
Sorry Jono, it was a private seller who bought the wrong ones for their car!
Must have been right place right time and no one else wanted them! Max bid £30 but got them £18.50 inc p&p.
As I have just put on another post, bargains to be had on ebay but just shop around!
QQ Tekna 2.0 CVT
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:17am
I would get parts from here if i was servicing some great discounts to be had .

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 11:17am
Not Westway Nige - they are happy to do it... its my local dealer - Platinum, that are saying they don't do it...
Platinum?? More like Rust!!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
kevykat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 6:01pm
Get onto you local groupon site area . i got a service for £51 worth £154
Qashqai Tekna 2.0 Petrol , Private plate, side bars, 8 piece chrome grille, chrome door handles, chrome fog inserts front and rear, LED interior lights, K & N air filter

jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:37pm
Had a quick look and the spark plugs dont look the most accesable to get at ?? much involved in getting to them on the 1.6 petrol ?
GlynHopkinOnlineShop View Drop Down
Dealership
Dealership

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlynHopkinOnlineShop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:00pm

Good Afternoon All,

As mentioned above we have now started to add Service Kits to our Online Shop.
Why not take advantage of our Spring 2012 Offers!

Qashqai inc +2 1.6/2.0 Petrol Service Kit (Excludes Spark Plugs)

Qashqai inc +2 1.6/2.0 Petrol Spark Plugs

There are also many other products being added regular to this section.

Glyn Hopkin Online Parts Shop

E-mail: parts@glynhopkin.com
www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk

Glyn Hopkin Online Shop supplying parts accessories & merchandise from Nissan, GTR, Infiniti, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Honda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Jeep, Chrysler, Renault & Dacia
jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:10pm
Anyone confirm correct oil for the 2008 qashqai petrol ? - just looking for a top up oil until service ? 10w40 part synthetic okay ?
GlynHopkinOnlineShop View Drop Down
Dealership
Dealership

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlynHopkinOnlineShop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:32pm
As long as your vehicle is a petrol version the 10/40w semi synthetic is the correct oil for your vehicle. You could upgrade to the Nissan 5/30w DPF oil which is higher specification, but not necessary.

I hope this helps.

Glyn Hopkin Online Shop

Glyn Hopkin Online Shop supplying parts accessories & merchandise from Nissan, GTR, Infiniti, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Honda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Jeep, Chrysler, Renault & Dacia
jono400 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jono400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 9:48pm
Perfect appreciatte that, showing my ignorance here ! but I take it part synthetic is just a different name to semi synthetic, same stuff ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic