UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

RE SET ECU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfsrevis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RE SET ECU
    Posted: 11áNová2018 at 2:52pm
Hello
Ive done some work with front sensors as i bought a cat d and they replaced with the wrong front valence which has 1 sensor,i have drilled hole on one side wing  and fitted correct harness which has three sensor plugs two in wing 1 in front grill I then replaced nearside with harness which only has 2 as im yet to source the correct harness which has 3 on,both grill sensors are also in place and everything is plugged in,I have since got a few errors come up on dash which i didnt have before.

I have had a new battery fitted a few months a go FOC because of the duff batteries they put on these cars.Also it has been re programmed to the car by RAC at the roadside

Is it ok to disconect battery and wait to re set the ecu,car has been off for about 1 hour,i appreciate that i will have to set automatic window,but will i loose radio and need code
its a 17 plate Qashqai Tekna 1.5 DCI

Thanks
Nigel
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2018 at 4:43pm
no codes needed on any J11 Qashqai such as yours.
golfsrevis View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfsrevis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2018 at 6:12pm
Thankyou for this ,can I take off battery positive and will this clear the faults off dashboard and re set ecu picking up new sensor harnesses?
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2018 at 7:53pm
I can't post attachments here; see my attachment on my Oct 27th post here re correct procedure for battery change;
https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7151&p=60351&hilit=battery#p60351
golfsrevis View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfsrevis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2018 at 8:03pm
Thanks for the response I appreciate your time and am happy that i dont need a code ,however will it clear the current faults on the dash that have come up,after disconnecting and then re connecting?re setting the ecu to then see the harnesses on parking sensors?
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áNová2018 at 8:20am
Can't say for sure; try, you've nowt to lose.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic