UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear bushing front control arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naut900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear bushing front control arm
    Posted: 18áJulá2018 at 9:59pm
Hi, 

I just had my car in for the periodic inspection, and was told I have to replace the rear bushing on the lower control arm on my J10 Qashqai.

I wonder; would I be able to replace the rear bushing only (25GBP for the partno 54570BB00a) without special tools, or is it better to replace the whole control arm with new bushings (150GBP). 

I would really like to minimize the cost, as I have to replace the rear support arms on both sides due to corrosion as well, where parts alone will be more than 1500 GBP...+ a full day of working hours at the local garage. 

Cheers

tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2018 at 1:42pm
I have just had the bushes done and when they refitted the arms they came back and said the ball joints were showing wear, that was not there before they did the job, they reimbursed me for the bushes and fitted the arms, the cost was not that much more but the difference in the handling was great. I contemplated in doing the bushes myself but could not find a tool to do it, checking on line to by something was more that the cost of one arm and to pay for it for one job was not worth it.
Naut900 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naut900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áJulá2018 at 7:13am
Many thanks, Tommy! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic