UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear camera not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SparkyPaul75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear camera not working
    Posted: 21áJulá2016 at 7:08pm
Hi all,
Fairly new Qashqai owner and new to this forum so apologies if this message is in the wrong place, or already has a topic open elsewhere.
I own an 09 N-TEC and having problems getting the rear camera to work. When i put it in reverse, the screen stays on whatever is showing, map, radio etc. The rear lights are coming on so I've ruled out the switch on the gear box and fuses. Unless the camera has a separate fuse?
I've checked all the connections on the back of the unit and also the wiring in the rubber sleeving from tailgate to car body but all looks ok as far as i can see.
If anyone has any ideas what it could be or what else i can check, i would be very grateful for any input.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
SparkyPaul75 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SparkyPaul75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJulá2016 at 11:42am
Hi all,
As an update to my post, i have found out the connect head unit was replaced by the garage before i bought it. I have also read that not all connect units support rear camera, can anyone confirm this?
The unit i have is
Nissan part 25915BH10D
Bosch part 7612830023
If this is the case, can the software be upgraded or will i have to go back to the garage to get them to replace it?

Thanks,

Paul.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJulá2016 at 4:52pm
Hmm, first thing did they advertise it as with a camera in the description?

If so then they have a legal duty under the Consumer Rights Act 2015

As described  The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

If this is the case then:
Ask for it to be fixed so the goods are as described.
Ask for a reasonable adjustment on the purchase price to reflect the camera not being included as working.
Ask for a full refund plus ú250.00 extra in admin charges etc which are to be used to cover your insurance change details tax and time.

If they state the camera was not advertised then did they describe as an N-Tec which be definition would include the camera so they cant get out on that one.

Did they say before purchase the head unit had ben replaced?

I think you will find they will soon sort you out.

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
SparkyPaul75 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SparkyPaul75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJulá2016 at 12:13am
Hi PR07HET,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Sorry it's taken time for my reply but been on holiday.
So the saga so far:
They didn't advertise it had a reverse camera, and the sales man was chuffed with himself for pointing that out, that was until i pointed out that they advertised an N-TEC which that model has a rear camera as standard. The original unit had a fault and only found out it was a replacement unit once i had paid for the car. To cut a long story short, they realized i wasn't going to let this go, I didn't trust them to fix it, so I have now had a very reasonable price adjustment from the garage so i can get it sorted myself.
But i still have the following query.
The original faulty connect unit had the part no. 25915BH10C
It was replaced with a unit with a part no. 25915BH10D.
Is the replacement unit from another Nissan (Juke, Micra etc) that doesnt have a rear camera?
Do i have to source a 10C to be compatible with my car?
Can I use any other model Connect in my car that will work, but wont mess around with the steering wheel controls?
I can't find any info on Connect models, which cars they're installed in, what features they support, or if they can be swapped into other Nissan cars, so any advice on Nissan Connects would be lovely if anyone has this info.

Thanks all for your time,

Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic