UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear door lower trim full of water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear door lower trim full of water
    Posted: 10áJuná2015 at 7:23am
Has anyone seen or heard anything similar to this before.

I noticed whenever I park on a slope I get a damp patch under the black lower trim on one of my rear passenger doors, i.e. this bit...

Investigating further, I found it is full of water. Just prising it away a little from the door with my thumb about a pint of water poured out...

It hasn't rained for days, and all 3 other doors are completely bone dry. There doesn't seem to be anything obviously different about that trim to the others, no gaps etc

Has anyone removed one of these trims before? I can't see how to do it other than pull it off but don't want to risk that in case it breaks anything.

Suggestions?
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2015 at 6:59pm
We have a QQ now nearing three years old
The front near side door always leaks a large amount of water on opening the door after a period of rain.
My dealer says it is normal for the door to hold the water in until the door is opened ,but will not say why the other 3 doors do not similarly hold water.
It seems it is just the poor build quality of Nissan that has different requirements for different doors.
In buying Nissan we get what we get,a product with poor build quality , it's why they can sell a car with all the "extras" at such a cheap price.
Brian
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2015 at 8:28pm
My better half had a Fiesta that had a mini flood from both front doors after it rained and this too was parked on a sloping driveway so please don't put it down to Nissan build quality. The OP also mentioned it flowed from the plastic trim and not the door itself, so it looks like this is "holding" water. As a suggestion, how about using a stick-on spacer between door and trim at one end and see if that helps at all. Not ideal, but if it solves the issue...
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJuná2015 at 9:20am
Yes it's the trim and not the door. I proved this last night by pouring water down the window on the other side of the car to watch what happens, there are two drain holes inside the door (under rubber flaps) and the water comes out of those a few seconds later.

On the side with the drips, I did the same test and the water came out of both drain holes as it should.   

So it's definitely water just getting stuck in behind the trim. I've got some LS-X sealant somewhere (a bit like vaseline), I'll dig it out and try squeezing some in between the top of trim and door.

Edited by chrisw99 - 11áJuná2015 at 9:23am
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJuná2015 at 10:56am
I had this too a few months back, huge amounts poured out when i prised open a gap when i spotted dampness on a dry day. It was only the one door for me too, rear drivers side door. Just checked again today and its dry - i assume it was blocked drainage holes that i cleared when i cleaned it up after draining it.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2015 at 9:00am
My trouble is the also with the dealer/Nissan, they are saying that on some doors they hold water until you open the door , but not on the other doors.
I can fully understand water entering the door and then coming of the drain holes in the bottom when door is opened, but why do Nissan insist this is not consistent to occur on all 4 doors.
Brian
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2015 at 9:18am
Originally posted by pandjh pandjh wrote:

I had this too a few months back, huge amounts poured out when i prised open a gap when i spotted dampness on a dry day. It was only the one door for me too, rear drivers side door. Just checked again today and its dry - i assume it was blocked drainage holes that i cleared when i cleaned it up after draining it.

It looks like me prising it apart to let that flood of water out in the first post may have been similar to yours and I've somehow unblocked it as it doesn't seem to be holding water anymore.

Thanks for all the replies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic