Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Foglight clips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Foglight clips
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 1:28pm
Has anyone tried removing the rear foglight? I tried a couple of weeks ago and following the instructions in the handbook and using two screwdrivers managed to a/ damage the surrounding bumper plastic and b/ damage the restraining clips.
I tried to buy the clips from my local Nissan dealership and was offered a complete fog lamp assembly at 49.00 that still didn't include the clips!!!. When challenged, the guy stated that the clips were not listed. Needless to say,the lamp was not purchased, and I tried on-line, buying a lamp assembly for 12 ( BIG difference) but on delivery this too was minus the clips. I contacted the seller who was unable to help and subsequently he offered to accept the return even refunding postage.
Despite hours of trawling the internet, I cannot find anyone selling the clips. I tried contacting the garage that sold me my vehicle and their reply was that their stores checked and that the information above regarding the lamp lacking clips was correct and that the clips were indeed not listed.
I find it amazing that Nissan don't sell (or appear not to) parts for a vehicle they manufacture and sell.
As a temporary fix (possibly a semi-permanent one now!!) the lamp is held in place using double-sided tape. I just hope it continues to hold. Please be warned.
PS anyone with a couple of spare clips PLEASE let me know.
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
marianda24 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:40pm
Have you tried the scrap yards? Obviously you would need to find one that has had a QQ in for breaking up but you might just be lucky. Alternatively, if an accident damaged QQ needed replacement rear fogs where would the body repairers get the clips from? Might be worth asking around!

Also could these clips be the same as clips used on other Nissan cars?

Just a thought
GILL
2014 New Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6dci CVT (Ink Blue)
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:11pm
The problem is that Nissan themselves don't list these clips as available to buy, even though they are parts of the vehicle they manufacture. I agree that a scrapyard seems my best option, but can you see my frustration?
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
marianda24 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
Absolutely! Its ridiculous really as what happens if the rear end of a QQ is totally wrecked in a smash? Isnt there a member on here who works at Nissan in Sunderland? Perhaps he can find you some!
GILL
2014 New Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6dci CVT (Ink Blue)
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:53pm
How do I removel the rear fog light on a nissan qashqai j10 can any one tell me thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic