UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear folding seat release mechanism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear folding seat release mechanism
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 4:56pm
Hi all, I have had a problem with the rear folding seat release mechanism on one side not releasing and have managed to release the seat back, I thought I would post on here a quick description of how I have managed this so it could save you some money and grief in the future should you suffer the same problem,.

First thing I noted was the release button at the top of the seat had no resistance to it, just like it was disconnected from the main release mechanism lower down the seat.

First thing I did was to remove the rear parcel shelf then the rear quarter window panel ( careful removing this its a bit tricky you can break the clips if your not careful). The panel can be pushed aside attached to the seat belt.

With the panel removed this gives us the right angle to get a long thin flat blade screwdriver onto the release mechanism, now I suggest to observe the release mechanism on the other good seat to see which way you have to try and release the mechanism, this is the hardest part and could take you a little while to achieve. (Best to kneel down in the boot to do this)

Once you have completed this stage your seat back should now be released and pushed forward, now what you need to do is gently prise the trim from off the side of the seat around where the release mechanism is and then pull back the foam and this will expose two bolts and the complete release mechanism, simply undo the two 14mm head bolts to remove the mechanism, now if your fault is like mine you will see the release button is or was connected to the mechanism via a push rod, now this is the problem the push rod is connected to the mechanism via a little black click-in connector which I think is the problem it has worn and not holding the rod to the release mechanism.

Today I have the mechanism and black clip removed and will try and source the clip independently of the mechanism, I will phone Nissans tomorrow and prey I can get the clip separately.

I will try and get some pictures up soon to help make sense of this post.

Hope this helps someone.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:56pm
Thank you for the instructions, Dylan..... Glad you managed to sort your problem out.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:42pm
[/URL]
With quarter window panel removed
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:44pm
[/URL]
Viewing mechanism from back
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:46pm
[/URL]
Persevering to release seat using screwdriver from back
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:47pm
[/URL]
Pulling seat trim back
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:50pm
[/URL]
Undo two 14mm head bolts to remove mechanism
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:52pm
[/URL]
You can see the release button rod that connects to the mechanism, problem is this rod becomes detached from the release mechanism
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:53pm
Thanks Tiffany, sorry quite picture heavy but hopefully can guide people in the right direction.
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 7:37pm
[/URL]
This is how the rod should connect to the release mechanism via the black rod lock clip
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 7:40pm
And this is the root cause a worn black rod lock clip, the clip is not holding tight in the Mechanism boss.
[/URL]
Now I have to try and source this black clip.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 4:41am
I'm sure the pics along with your instruction will help people ith tyecsamevproblem.

Goo luck finding that clip.
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 10:29am
Quick update, have phoned Nissans and it looks like the clip comes as part of the latch release assembly which costs about £61, now I don't fancy paying £61 for the sake of a cheap plastic clip.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 11:19am
Scrap yard ?
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 1:55pm
look for door lock rod clips on flebay loads of different ones on there
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:25pm
Thanks guys I did look at door lock clips but they look slightly different, so I went to a local breakers yard today and paid £20 for the release mechanism with the rod and clip, all fixed and back together, btw in my above post for some reason I mentioned the retaining bolts were 14mm but they are 13mm just thought I would mention.
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 10:43pm
Nice one Dylan.. All these posts are brilliant and help enormously and the pics are brilliant too... More heavy pic posts needed! I am going to do a few posts within the next week too ... It's good that the a is getting older now, hopefully see more posts that are hands on like proper how to's not just half baked how to fit a usb etc etc...
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Supercure View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supercure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:55pm
Thx Dylan. Pictures are an enormous help, the rod and clip are frankly weak given the number of complaints. Will not waste my time and buy a junkyard one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic