Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear light cluster removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear light cluster removal
    Posted: 04áAprá2016 at 6:33pm
I'm trying to remove the rear light cluster on my 2012 (J10), but I can't get it to come off.

I have read the other threads on this, and have removed the two 10mm bolts, but pulling the cluster does not free it up for removal. I've poked, prodded and wiggled it around but it seem to be held in at the back end of the light cluster.

Is there a clip here that I should be aware off?

I don't want to pull it too hard and break it.
2012 1.6dci Tekna in Mineral Grey
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2016 at 7:43pm
Pull it straight back, without any movement sideways because you could brake the tip of the lens. It is being held by push in lugs. On mine they were tight but greasing them should make it easier to remove another time.
humming View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áAprá2016 at 8:20am
Thanks for that.

The lugs on my lens were really tight so I had to use a screwdriver, with a bit of cloth to protect the paintwork, between the back edge of the lens and the bodywork, then I gently levered it backwards.

I've now put some silicone on the lugs to make it easier if I ever have to do it again.
2012 1.6dci Tekna in Mineral Grey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic