Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear lights permanently on??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear lights permanently on??
    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 8:13pm
Hi Everyone I'm new to the group, so here goes.
The problem I have is i went to go out to the shop and noticed that the rear lights, on my Qashqai J10 were on and the rear brake light, (thought I'd left the lights on) got in the car it started fine but noticed that the red engine management light was on, drove fine carried on to the shop, light went off then back on, got home turned engine off lights were still on, so had to disconnect the battery, stumped me.
Done my head in, been fine had it for 3 years. 
Can anyone help🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 4:08pm
Which lights specifically?  Brake lights? ie left/right brake lights including red above rear windscreen?  Or just the rear side lights?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Childsy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Childsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:13pm
Sorry I donít have an answer for this but am experiencing the same issues , rear lights staying on along with engine management light & ESP coming and going , I believe this to be the hole in the rubber seal adjoining the glass roof & windscreen as the  rear passenger footwell fills with water every time it rains ! Was hoping the lights would go out once the car drys out ,,, but now I donít have much hope .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic