UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear washer jet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __chris__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear washer jet
    Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:22am
Just wondering if there is a well known issue with pipe blockages for rear washer jets.
I've never been bothered until now - the pump whirrs, nothing comes out. But the new MOT rules appear stricter so I thought I'd have a look.

Any tips?
Learning my way around a nice shiny black 08 plated 2.0 Tekna 2WD.
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:10am
I would check the pump to make sure it was coming out of the rear outlet.
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:01pm
Same problem for me. I couldn't find the non return valve and couldn't remove the rear high level brake light assembly.
I removed the flexible tube from the body inside the tailgate, and cut the wash tube. Blowing through the pipe indicated rear jet was clear.
Turning wash system on gave no water from the pipe. Traced pipe back and discovered the inline non return valve. Removed it and tried the system again, no water came out the tube.
A couple of good hard sucks on the tube left me with a horrible taste in my mouth and some water.
Tried the system again and it now pumps water. Used a Non return valve to connect the high level brake side of the tube to the car, and a straight through connector replaced the original non return valve.
It now works as it should.
The only bits of the car i had to pull was the rear parcel shelf and the rear fastenings on the side panel to access the tube.about 20 mins all in to do the job.
Thanks to the user who posted the rear wash layout, that did help.
Harrymac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:11pm
The rear washer on on my Qashqai has never worked since I got it. Keep meaning to fix it, but if I'm not in the shed spannering on my motorbikes I'm out riding.

Edited by Harrymac - 11 May 2018 at 10:13pm
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:46pm
This thread can't help bringing up the knarly old question about the rear camera and it's 'self cleaning' system. As I understand it, it's connected into the rear wash wipe somehow for screenwash, which pours onto the camera if the system senses it is dirty and a small air pump blows residual water droplets off the lens via an outlet just above. Nissan made a point of promoting this for a while but no one ever wants to talk about these days (too many failures?) My local dealership quoted £250 plus labour to replace the camera unit which has the self cleaning system built into it's housing. I also believe it works 'when moving' so you never see it cleaning! There's a video on youtube of the same system they were fitting in the Leaf. When I bought the QQ I noticed loads of limescale on the back camera  which I guessed had been caused by the previous owner using hard water instead of screenwash. I asked twice for the garage to remove the limescale, in fear of scratching the lens myself, which they didn't of course!. Eventually, with a tip from the forum, I did it myself using vinegar solution several times over which cleared it in the end. But I'd love to know if the camera wash and blow dry really works!!
Tekna DCI 110 1.5 Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic