UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Rear Washer Nozzle issue...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Washer Nozzle issue...
    Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 9:28pm
Hi Guys,
I have noticed that the rear washer was not spraying any water.

I checked the water pipe running at the back, next to the spare tire, and noticed that pressure was building up to there.
At this point I thought the nozzle on the High-mounted stop lamp was blocked.

I managed to remove the stop lamp. It is not an easy task, at least not in my case. you have to press 4 clips and only 2, the one at the top, are easily accessible.

Upon removing the nozzle, I blew in it and air passed without any problem.

I then kept on following the pipe from the luggage boot and found a one way valve(check valve). 
Again no easy task as the valve is found just before the back door hinge.

I removed the nozzle. released the valve by inserting a small screw driver, the watch maker ones, and plugged it back. I tested the plumbing and all was o.k
I re-seated all panels and the stop lamp. Tested again and it failed.
I also noted that one of the clips on the High-mounted stop lamp was not seated properly and fell in the door! I realized from the photos I took that I had not seated the clip properly.

I checked the nozzle again and it was still working. 
I reassembled all and it worked for the couple of times I tested it.

My Question is....

Do you know if this check valve causes such problems? Should I replace it?

BriFar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 1:09pm
Do you know if this check valve causes such problems? Should I replace it?

Any comments/suggestions?! Confused

Anyone ever need to remove the high mounted stop lamp?

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 1:15pm
Dont think this has been highlighted before Brian...so will depend on any member that come across it before....have to see if anyone has done it before and shares there view with you....Smile
BriFar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:06pm
Ok Harry Thanks.

Shall I add pictures of the process just in case someone else needs to dismantle it?
I am no pro photographer! hehe

Brian

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:22pm
Would be a good idea for guys in the future doing the same job...Thumbs Up
BriFar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BriFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:07am
Attaching Images Below.

First Step Remove the High Stop Lamp

2. remove the rear washer nozzle and lamp connector

3 Remove the Rubber protector from the door and rear chassis and pull the water pipe. Check for any clogs or tears.

4 . Start removing the panels in the trunk to expose the water pipe.

As you can see above I removed the foam holding the tools temporarily.
Follow the pipe seen above, the thicker one.
You will need to remove clips from the right side of the bumper and the rug.
I only pried the covers abit as I was afraid to remove everything! :)

Unclip the panel surrounding the rear windo(covering the right rear seatbelt) and pull the pipe gently out of the hinge hole to have proper access to all the plumbing.
Between the trunk door hinge and the above clip, located behind the rear lights,
you will find the below check-valve. It is used to prevent water going back to the water tank and avoids having to pump the water all the way back to the washer when washing the rear glass.
Make sure to check the check-valve since the spring could get stuck. I used a small screw driver and released it.

Make sure that you plug it back in the correct way otherwise it will stop the water from being pumped up. I suggest trying with the car plumbing before putting it back in place.

reverse the process. Make sure the pipe is properly secured by using the clips available to avoid pinching it when attaching the covers back.
Trust me. test the water again before closing completely!

Should one of the metal clips, holding the high stop lamp get loose, ensure that you proerly re-seat it. I didn't at first and when I put back the lamp the clip fell and I had to remove the stop lamp again which is not an easy task. At least if you do not have the proper tools.

Incidentally I had taken a picture before installing the first time.

It must have unclipped while moving it or I was too tired! :)

Hope someone finds it useful when in need! :)

Brian

White Qashqai Tekna 1.5 DCi 2008
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 11:38am
Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:28pm
Nice work!!!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
BriFar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriFar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

Nice work!!!!
Thanks. I still carry the scars! LOL

White Qashqai Tekna 1.5 DCi 2008
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 5:15pm
Good Pics, will come in handy for any future Probs with Members....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Ovineyard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ovineyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 6:04pm
Pls anyone know where i can buy the Rear washer nozzle for my qashqai?
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:03am
Hi,
My rear washer is fine but my front ones seem a bit on the weak side.
This is a job I have been meaning to look at, obviously when the weather is a bit nicer :)

Nice photos of your progress, always useful.

When I get to doing the front ones I will look at doing the same.

Cheers,

Chainsaw
QQ 2.0 dci, S&S, Nightshade, Bose 7 Spkrs, Roof Rails, 1/2-1/2 Leather Seats, Panoramic Roof, MGF Horns, Xenon Lights, Retro fitted 25915- BH30E Connect system. COMING SOON: X-Trail EXTREME TEKNA
toonman882 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toonman882 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 8:34pm
hi my rear washer has stopped spraying when ive looked its running down the seam of the boot so i think the blockage is just before the high stop light but how do i get the stop light out please
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 8:43pm
Hi toonman

Hi and welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai club/forum

Please make sure you have read the club rules as this will help make your use of the forum much easier :   http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum-rules-please-read-before-using-the-forum_topic7340.html

If you need any help feel free to contact one of our great moderator team who will assist in any way they can :

Craigfishin
Hamish
Craigqq
Cazqq
Fee
G5 Boy

The club is run on contributions ,by contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts and other great sections currently unavailable to you , to contribute see here :   http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/how-to-cOntribute-to-the-qashqai-club-forum_topic7552.html

No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed by admin in advance , to ad your company to our discount section please contact craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information , please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject .

Thanks for joining , hope you find all you need to know about your qashqai and a few friends aswell  , we have a great bunch of members on here and all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested , please see link below from our recent visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the qashqai being built : http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/nissan-plant-tour-13th-feb-2012_topic8601.html

Enjoy 

Is the thread above this no help to you?.. You amy also search the forum using the Search function..

Good luck
fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 1:25pm
do you use it regularly ? , if not then do , and if the valve can stick once then it can stick again as you know , might be worth getting a new one if you can buy them easily ...
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
blueblazer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueblazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 12:40pm
Hi, my rear window washer is not working. Followed the instructions on here (very good by the way) and have replaced both the high tail lamp and the non return valve but still not working. Can hear the pump noise but no water coming out.

If I disconnect the pipe just before the valve water should be coming through right? Nothing.

Yes, there is water in the system and front washers are fine.

Is there another valve somewhere? Any suggestions what the problem might be?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:05pm
Check the boot isn't wet. It's been known for the pipe to become detached and the water enters the boot.
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 6:41pm
Look to see if its coming out of the pump. “Your first question?”- Page 47 - Windscreen Washer Motor/Pump, HELP!?!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic