UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Recall Letter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recall Letter
    Posted: 25áNová2016 at 9:51pm
Hi All.
Has any one else had a recall letter for their QQ 1.5?
Mine is a 63 plate, the letter states

"Due to a missing protection logic within the Engine Control Module (ECM) the Diesel particulate filter (DPF) can experience high operating temperatures after a failure of the Air Intake System has occurred. In this condition the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) will illuminate on the combination meter and engine performance will be reduced. In extreme cases, where the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, the high operating temperatures can cause damage to the particulate filter and the surrounding components".

So she's book in for a week today!

Aiden

Edited by Gollum - 25áNová2016 at 9:52pm
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2016 at 6:32pm
This is a maintenance letter not a recall, recalls are issued by Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.

This is issued by Nissan on all 1.5 engines of a batch across the range including Juke, X-Trail and Pulsar.

A remap of the ECU is all that is required,

The last official recall was:
https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=8FAB66DBC29BD4DB80257FE2003F2AE8&freeText=Blank&tx=

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2016 at 6:54pm
Thanks prophet
Thanks for the explanation. I've not heard of a maintenance letter. I was working off the definition of 'recall'
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
brit588 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2017 at 10:51am
Hi Aiden, did you have the work done on your car?, I recently had my car done and had problems as soon as i picked the car up, looking around the net it appears that lots of others have had the same sort of problems after having this alteration, particularly on earlier cars.If you look on the DVSA site it says cars from April 14 to May 16 are affected, but Nissan say it's done by vin numbers, {mine is a 2011 1-5 diesal } At present my car has had to go back to the dealer to try to sort the problem, it is better, but still not as good as it was prior to this work.
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2017 at 6:19pm
Hi brit588

Ours has been fine, we've done loads of miles over xmas and she hasn't missed a beat
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
brit588 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2017 at 7:27pm
Thanks for the reply. when mine went in the 2nd time they did some more work to to include the cruise and speed limiter set up, {don't know why this wasn't included first time }, but i now get bad mpg, around the high twentys around town and mid thirtys on a run, they say it should get better with use?, i will keep my eye on it for the next few weeks, and take it back if it does not improve, thanks again Dave
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2017 at 7:53am
Hi
Are you just taking the display as gospel?
Mine recently had a few software updates and immediately after my mpg reading went haywire - 25 then 65 and back again while I watched it.
I reset the reading and did a manual check - all as before.

QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
brit588 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2017 at 9:37am
Hi, thanks for your reply, i am taking the reading on the display as being relative to what it used to read prior to the work being done, i have reset it several times and at present i am keeping my eye on how much fuel i use to miles driven for a few weeks. I have to say that with the problems i have had since the work was done i can only think it was either not suitable for my car or was not done properly the first time the car was in the dealer.thanks again for taking the time to reply, dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic