UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Recall notification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recall notification
    Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:38pm
I have just received a recall notification for BCM module software and incorrect VIN number information. The VIN number plate requires replacement and I was wondering if I will also need new registration documents?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:13pm
#Me too Wink.

Good question, as the VIN is on the V5C.  I called my dealer today.  They have to apply for a new VIN sticker, which can take 6-8 weeks, then they will book me in.

Maybe check with the DVLA.

I am in the middle of yet another run-in with them (don't ask) so I'm not going anywhere near them right now. 

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

#Me too Wink.

I am in the middle of yet another run-in with them (don't ask) so I'm not going anywhere near them right now. 

why is that thenOuchLOL
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:54am
I said don't ask, but you did anyway - don't say I didn't warn you LOL ......

Google 'Guillain Barre Syndrome' (at your peril). Basically, your immune system is tricked by something and attacks your nervous system interrupting messages from your brain.  You feel perfectly fine, but some things go a bit haywire.

I got this last October - got out of bed in the night (as old folks do) and my legs gave way.  Ambulance to hospital and a week of intravenous Imunoglobulin (£12k's worth apparently) then 5 weeks of physio, learning to flaming walk properly again.

Scary, but thanks to the NHS (good food in Royal Bournemouth Hospital BTW) I soon got back on my feet - literally.  Apparently it spreads from your extremities and if they hadn't stopped it before it reached my lungs there would be on less member here. Shocked 

However, it may be thanks to the NHS that I got it in the first place.  Look for likely causes and the flu jab keeps coming up.  When I mentioned this in the hospital, they said 'nonsense - where did you read that rubbish?'...........

ON THE NHS WEBSITE ...!!

The physio also said that the Zika virus vaccine gave folk GBS and an old boy on my ward was so weak we nearly lost him one night.  His wife said he was perfectly OK until he had the flu jab. Shocked

Think I will give it a swerve this winter.

So where does the DVLA come into this I hear you ask??

Well - GBS is notifiable to them and I did so.  They then write to you saying they will take 6 weeks to decide if you can keep your licence Shocked.

A DVLA 6 week timescale has become 8 months as they have...........
  • got me to fill in page after page of information
  • got my consultant to do the same
  • got my GP to do the same
  • had a report from the physio that I am fully recovered
  • asked me to confirm I don't need special controls fitted
  • demanded I take a 'driver assessment' - 19 June - wish me luck!
Now I get that no-one should drive if they are unfit and I get that they need a DVLA approved tester to satisfy them and I am perfectly OK taking the assessment - in fact it's a good idea at my age anyway!

What I don't get is that while they have been deliberating I am legally allowed to drive 'if I think I am fit to do so' Confused - and there was no way I was letting my 2 week old Qashqai sit on the drive Cry.

What I also don't get is - for example - a lady we know has just had her second hip replacement at age 45, needed a year off work in pain waiting for the op, having the op and recovering after, during which time she struggled to get about using crutches and sticks - yet drove all the time and no-one checked on her ability ...!! 

#justsaying

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:01pm
Makes my previous experience of the DVLA sound funny.

G5 BOY plate has been on about 8 cars now.  On one Saab convertible the DVLA sent me a V5C calling it a Ford Mondeo convertible LOL.

Except it's not funny as it is OUR responsibility to check their documents and therefore OUR fault if there are any errors. Angry 

As they sell their mistakes to those in the motor trade I have had very funny looks from dealers when I p/x and they check out via the plate because it still carries that Censored up on its history.

Called my nearest dealer to book it in for that recall and as I bought it elsewhere she had to put it on the system.  She tracked the plate back through its history and - we both had a good laugh LOLLOL.

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:31pm
sorry to hear your bad news g5boy,hope you make a full recovery.
not been to good myself lately,permanent headaches since before christmas,sore throats and colds coming and going,making me depressed,doctors waste of space just saying old age.
but nothing as bad as yours.
all the best on your recovery.Thumbs Up
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:23pm
Fully recovered six months ago, but thanks for the thought
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic