UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

receiving text messages whilst driving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotsmiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: receiving text messages whilst driving
    Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 1:09pm
Hi I have recently switched from a Windows phone back to an Android Samsung phone but can no longer get text messages through the car speakers of my Qashqai. Does anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did they resolve it?

Tricia
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 1:29pm
As far as I know Android doesn't have this facility currently built in, from what I read some third party apps may enable this for you. I use Windows Phone and as you say it works seamlessly over Bluetooth in the Qashqai to read and reply to texts all built into the phone system - it is a great system and will use my Lumia 650 for as long as it lasts, hopefully many years!

Hope this helps.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Scotsmiss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotsmiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 2:12pm
Thanks Paul. I tried contacting Nissan and they bascially said "you shouldn't be listening to text messages whilst driving"! so they were as helpful as ever. But having a mother with Dementia, and living an hour away from work, I need to be contactable at all times.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 5:06pm
And if radio stops do they say you should not listen to that either.
All "customer service" seem to exist to just put customers off once they have the money.
Brian
Red Rooster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2017 at 9:44am
Tricia, If you press down the phone button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds with bluetooth enabled,you can ask google to do whatever....send a text ,read a text or call someone, but you must have the google voice app. Hope that helps
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2017 at 12:03pm
Red Rooster
Interested to see your average mpg in the 1.6 DIG-T is EXACTLY the same as my 1.2 DIG-T Geek with both being nowhere near what Nissan claim.
 Angry
QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Red Rooster
Interested to see your average mpg in the 1.6 DIG-T is EXACTLY the same as my 1.2 DIG-T Geek with both being nowhere near what Nissan claim.
 Angry

I've been getting about 33 average in my 1.2 DIG-T in the 2 months I've had it, but I've only really used it for commuting etc.

Just went to Devon for half term holidays and it averaged 39 over the week, with my motorway journey back yesterday clocking in at 44.

So it seems to make a big difference if you are doing proper driving rather than my usual 5 mins stop start trip to work.  Was interested to see when I set off last week with a full tank it said only 350ish miles to empty.  About 100 miles into the drive it had gone up to 390 miles to empty!

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Red Rooster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Red Rooster
 Angry

G5  More or less the same as my old 2litre and I am not pedal heavy either. So like you say don't beleive the figures which Nissan publish.
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2017 at 7:01pm
I think the only use of the manufactures figures are to give a comparison between different cars.
Seem all manufacturers actual figures are about 25% below those stated. No idea how much VW improved figures with clever bit of computer work.
Also I never get a consistent mpg figure , same car can vary 20% dependant upon manner location of driving motorway or town
Brian
Scotsmiss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotsmiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 1:12pm
thanks I will give this a try
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic