UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Red malfunction light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobystig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red malfunction light
    Posted: 09áJaná2017 at 6:34pm
62 plate 1.5dci

So driving home last night the car lost power and then the red malfunction light came on

Drove home slowly, had a quick look in these forums and then under the bonnet and found the turbo inlet pipe had split
Bought one today and fitted it, all ok been round the block and the power is back and car running fine

Started the the car a few times, but cannot get rid of the red light. Can this be done or has it got to go to the dealers so they still get their chunk just to reset the ECU

Thanks
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJaná2017 at 8:01pm
I'm not sure about Nissan ECUs but many will reset the engine management lights after 25 or so engine starts where no fault exists as you've fixed it.

I'd hold fire if I were you. If it doesn't clear, an independent garage should be able to clear it at a cheaper price than a dealer.
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic