UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Red malfunction warning light on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krkvido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red malfunction warning light on
    Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 7:17pm
Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I hope someone can help me.

I have QASHQAI+2 1.5 dCi Acenta 5dr 2011.

Today red malfunction warning light, ESP OFF indicator light and SLIP indicator light came on while I was taking over a car on slight uphill motorway at speed of 80 mph. In addition, car starts shuddering with lack of power.
I pulled over and restarted the engine then everything was back to normal..
However, this happened four times during 300 miles journey. I had to stop and restart the engine each time. Sometimes I had to restart it few times for warning lights to go off.

I noticed that it always happens on uphill way and just when I reach 80mph. I can bring it on by accelerate to 80 mph on uphill way.
Any idea?

Thanks a lot
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 7:33pm
Doesn't sound great.

Have a read of   This Thread
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 7:34pm
Hi there,

Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 7:37pm
are your tyres good ? , just wondering as its uphill if your loosing traction on one of the wheels 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Krkvido View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krkvido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 8:36pm
Yes very good tyres. In fact, I have fitted a brand new tyre (right front) just a day before my journey. Do you think that having a new tyre could could cause this problem?

I must say I did previous long journey without any trouble.

I don't understand why it happens at speed of 80 mph.
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2015 at 11:30pm
It could be turbo hose, loosing air pressure while engine is under load.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2015 at 9:44am
Could be a safety thing reminding you the maximum national speed limit is 70 not 80 Geek Wink.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2015 at 9:49am
Wonky wheel sensor ?
GuidoGiles View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuidoGiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2015 at 11:44am
Hi Krkvido,

I had exactly the same problem on my 1.5 dCi NTEC+ on Christmas day. ESP off and SLIP and MIL lights all come on at the same time under load at speed on  the motorway once the engine was up to temperature, engine running rough, on 3 cylinders.
The fault continued intermittently over the holiday period but only seemed to be when engine was hot and made for a nerve racking drive home with lots of stops as 5 minute stop seemed to clear the fault for the next 10 or 20 minutes drive.
When I finally made it home, I scanned it myself and the code was P0202 (Fuel injector circuit Cylinder 2), that would explain the rough running but not the ESP and SLIP lights. So booked it in to dealer, but on the way there it ran faultlessly and all the error lights were off. dealer kept it for a couple of days then returned it saying they couldn't find anything wrong.

For 2 days it ran fine then on the motorway the fault returned. Same as before, but then for the rest of the day after each re-start it either stayed faulty or cleared intermittently, now does not seem to be related to temperature or speed.

Did you get anywhere with yours? Has the fault been fixed?

Mine is very low millage and still under warranty, today it is running fine again, I've got it booked in again, but I am worried the dealer is not going to find any problems.

Cheers,

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2015 at 12:37pm
Hi GuidiGiles, sorry to hear your having problem problems, Intermittent faults are a nightmare to solve.
Please let us know the outcome if the garage sort it out for you.

But for now....

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2015 at 4:20pm
GuidoGiles, what OBD reader and software do you use for DTC scanning?
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuidoGiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2015 at 6:52pm
My mate has his own garage, he checked it out with his top of the range SnapOn scanner.

I've got a ELM compatible bluetooth OBD2 plug and Torque Pro on my Android phone. Both reported the same code.

Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuidoGiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2015 at 12:09pm
The Dealer have finally diagnosed the same fault, new injector being fitted today I hope. will let you know how it goes. Apparently this is a very rare fault.

Krkvido, what was the outcome of yours?

Krkvido View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krkvido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJaná2015 at 4:55pm
The dealer checked and said it is fine. No trouble since then. I need to go on motorway again to check

I have no faulty light at all. Thanks for all replies
JohnMacD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnMacD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2016 at 10:07am
Hi, many thanks, GuidoGiles and Krkvido for your posts. Most helpful. I had exactly the same problem  on Christmas night oin my 2011 Qashqai 1.5 dCi NTEC (25k mileage )

I was driving home from Newcastle to Edinburgh on the A68, it was pretty wet and there was a lot of surface water about which from time to time I inadvertently plunged through and as I got nearer Carter Bar the snow started to become a problem and the gritters hadn't been out. The wheels started slipping and then it became clear the car was running on three cylinders. Didn't want to turn back because the grand children are feral so manged to nurse the car home. The ESP off and SLIP and the red MIL lights all came on at the same time and the engine was running on 3 cylinders. Stayed like that all the way home.

Tried it the following morning and the motor was still running on 3 cylinders and the same lights were on as was the yellow MIL engine warning light. Took it for a short run but still on three cylinders.

The next day I used my small OBD2 tester which showed a P0204 fault indicating a problem with the number 4 injector or the electrical support to it. The electrical bit was a new one on me because I run a Rover 600 sdi and there are no electrics apart from the pre-heaters directly associated with the injectors. I tried to clear the fault codes but to no avail. Took it for a run but still on three cylinders.

The following day I was about to dissemble it for the first time but decided to Google the problem and came across your post and found I was not unique. I decided not to pull it apart immediately nor take it to the dreaded experts. I started it up an it was running on four cylinders and all the fault indicators are working normally. Since then it has lapsed back to the previous three cylinder condition on a couple of occasions but that doesn't seem to be happening now, touch wood.

So many thanks. If this continues I probably have saved myself a lot of nugatory work and expense and am extremely grateful to you for your posts and, of course, this site.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2016 at 2:24pm
Hi HohnMacD,
Glad the guys posts have helped you out.

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

Lynn
1.imo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1.imo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áMayá2016 at 11:09pm
Hello! Did anyone find a solution to the problem??

I'm having the exact same issue and don't want to spend money on taking it to the dealer if they're not going to find the solution to the problem

thanks
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áMayá2016 at 8:48am
Hi 1.imo, Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

Lynn
Roscoewy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roscoewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áJaná2017 at 6:44pm
Hope this ends up being of use to somebody.
I suddenly lost power (turbo) one evening, both engine lights on and slip lights. Recovery man plugged in his OBD scanner and said it was DPF (I didn't believe him but still took a recovery ride). A local garage also put on the scanner and said DPF. I wasn't convinced and popped the bonnet, quite simply the plastic turbo hose connector had split, local dealership sold them for about ú50 and everything was right again. The plastic connector is on the top of the engine, has a sensor attached and a couple of bolts to attach. 15 min job to swap.
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 10:18pm
Hi,
in February I bought Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna 62 plate. In June it happened first time when esp off indicator light and slip indicator light came on the dashboard and also auto start/stop system has been indicated as failure and red malfunction light. I stopped the car for 5 mins and everything came back to normal. After it happened two more times I booked Nissan dealer investigation. And they said that it is probably something with fuel injection and they changed the fuel filter. But it didn't help so, because I wanted to save money, I went to mechanic I know and he plugged the car to the computer and two errors came out c1131 and c1132 and he changed a sensor(but don't know which exactly it was but I will find out) which cost 140 pounds and it didn't help as well. I don't know what to do. I paid a lot of money for the car and this thing looks really bad. I saw you guys had same or similar problem so could you help me please.
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 3:37am
Try this: https://youtu.be/az9H1TxunTQ
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 7:06am
Thank you duncho but I think this is the sensor the mechanic has already changed but I will find out today
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 9:26am
Interesting that even the service manual says nothing particular about these two errors.
Send me your email, I will forward you error description and diagnostic actions.
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 11:46am
Thank you. My email is cew@op.pl
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 7:39pm
I sent you some useful stuff on your email.
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 4:55am
Thank you very much
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 1:29pm
Hi I spoke to the mechanic who changed the sensor and he said that it was diesel particulate filter pressure sensor but it didn't help. He said the pipe was not blocked but he blew it through and now he said he might change this pipe because this might help to repair
https://youtu.be/az9H1TxunTQ
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 1:51pm
That what is on Youtube video is taken from Nissan service bulletin.
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 1:54pm
I checked email from you and is about this as well. Thank you. I am trying to arrange another investigation and I will show them informations from you
cew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAugá2017 at 6:42am
my problem has been solved:) in my case it was the fuel injection. So I am happy that my mechanic found it because Nissan dealer wanted to change the fuel pump with cost ú1800
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic