Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

REFLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REFLECTION
    Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 10:20am
JUST HAD MY CAR QASHQAI N-TEC 20/10/10

MY WISH LIST to date

1)  A DASHBOARD THAT DOESN'T REFLECT IN THE WINDSCREEN
2)  SPEED CAMERA DETECTOR AS STANDARD WITH SAT NAV
3)  A FLAT TAILGATE ENTRANCE  LIKE THE QASHQAI +2
4)  A 6 CD CHANGER

No doubt I will find some other things, but I do like driving my new Qashqai. Have to check to see what mpg I can get out of it too. Smile 
I will definately have to come up with something for the dashboard though, it is really agrivating, and possibly dangerous. The reflection is in the drivers line of vision.

Qashin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 12:49pm
As we are creatures of habit and always used CD's we often don't think and appreciate the usb facility. A usb stick can hold thousands of CD tracks that are so easy to copy from your cd to the usb stick. The QQ has the usb facility and by pressing the "AUX" button you have very easy access to the tracks far far simpler that a CD changer.

I think it would be illegal for manufactures to incorporate a speed camera detector.

2010 Qashqai Tekna 2.0 CVT Cafe Latte.

ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 5:44pm
Must agree, if you have the USB facility then why would you want  a cd changer. I have only an 8gb stick & it has well over 100 albums on it & is not yet full/
I also agree about the dash relection though - bloody annoying.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 10:01pm
You get reflections on most cars, something we have to live with, doesnt bother me but can see other peoples point,
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:36am
Hi Qashin,
You are quite right about the usb, Smile  but sometimes while you are trying to skip through to find a certain track it is just as easy to put a cd in.  As far as I know it is not illegal to have speed detectors in this country.  NOT THAT I HAVE ONE YET LOL  I still have not been able to load the POIs onto my Nissan Connect.  I won't give up trying though.........
Thank you so much for your comments. Big smile
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:43am
Thank you everyone for your comments, your replies are noted, and appreciated. Big smile 
Regards ellas111
Qashin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:11am
I have done a little research on the internet re camera detection and found the following statement on the Halford website:-

"Camera detectors are currently not illegal but detectors with radar and laser detection may become illegal if proposed legislation is adopted by the Department for Transport. However, all of the products that we currently have, including Road Angel, Snooper and Talex, can have the radar and laser function disabled. They can then continue to be used as GPS Safety Camera and blackspot location warning detectors, even if this law does come into force."

Edited by Qashin - 24 Oct 2010 at 7:11am

2010 Qashqai Tekna 2.0 CVT Cafe Latte.

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:18am
I don't think the GPS safety cameras devises actually detect the safety cameras. They have the info downloaded into them onto their memory card. I update my Novus GPS Rider frequently. However all GPS camera detectors are prohibited in many European countries.Ermm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:07pm
Hello,
Thank you Mohawk for the info. I believe that the Nissan Connect is GPS so I don't have a problem.  I do drive abroad so I am aware that you can't use speed camera detectors in some European countries. Unhappy  Never mind I suppose that they have to get more money out of us somehow Wink LOL

Regards ellas111
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:15pm
It is possible to get speed camera locations on a memory stick off Craigfishin who is a QQ club moderator but you would have to contribute to the QQ club to enable you to get themThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:36pm
Thank you Mohawk, I already have the speed camera locations on memory stick. I just can't use them!!!  I have to go back to the dealer to see if the problem is the Nissan Connect unit. I am unable to get the POIs too.
What do I have to do to contribute?? 
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 12:44pm
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 1:57pm
Thanks again Mohawk,  You are a Star.   Just Contributed.   How do I put **I Contributed** under my pic?  I have checked profile but can't seem to find anywhere to do it. I think it is one of those days Smile    It is probably right in front of me.LOL
Regards ellas111
2010, 60 Plate,   Blade Silver, N-Tec 1.5 dci Pure Drive. Collected 20/10/10
Mcdig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcdig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:20pm
It will get changed automatically for you shortly.
Waiting for Mineral Grey Tekna, ordered 18 April 2010, was due 29th June 2010, now due 15th Sept. Collected on 8th Sept 2010. Gone 1 Feb 2013.
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
Oh I see. Thank you McDig.Smile
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 4:41pm

I think you'll find that polarized sunglases would help with the reflection problems during the day, and at night it's obviously not a problem anyway. As will keeping it clean inside.

I have found with with the sun near to vertical above the car the panoramic roof in the QQ+2 can cause reflections on the inside of the windscreen, especially when I am wearing light clothes. So I just close it. I think it just means stuff in the car is well-lit, and so visible in reflections.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
do other models not have the matt black rubber feel dash i have in my tekna as there is no reflection from that ???? plus are any of you using cheap dash polishes that leave a residue as they are dangerous imo
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:42pm
Hi Craigfishin,
Yes my dash has the rubber feel, but not on the hump above the steering wheel which is what gives the reflection in the windscreen.  I have only just got my QQ on the 20th October so it certainly isn't polish Craig Smile  I thought that I would get either a pierce of rubber made to measure, or a matt black cover. I think the rubber would probably be best. I will have to check on internet to find where I might get it from.
Apologies for late reply, I see that I forgot to sign out Embarrassed.  Perhaps you thought that I was online.  I will try to remember LOL
Regards ellas111
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:53pm
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.  I have polarised glasses, which do help but not totally. I have found that it is the hump above the steering wheel that causes the most reflection, but I have come up with the idea of using a made to measure piece of rubber. (That's if I can get someone to make it)Lamp !! Smile  I have only just had my QQ on the 20th October, so I am still getting used to it. 
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 11:20am
Hi ellas its not something the dealer put on when cleaning it is it ??? I only ask as I use a Matt finish maguires dash cleaner that leaves no residue and havnt found reflection a problem
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:39am
... yes... well... the "hump" over the dials is smoother than the rest.
I did notice the reflection for the first few days but, as with all things, your eyes and brain get used to it and block it out.
Don't notice it at all now - until you mentioned it Ellas LOL ... it happens on all cars I think.
Someone commented (Wullie I think) that the humps on the bonnet were in his line of sight and that it annoyed him - same answer.
Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:53am
On top of the internal reflection I find that the ridges on the bonnet distract me as they reflect images and light from about 270°. As with most things, you get used to it and live with it.
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:59am
GSX: obviously if you're driving a highly waxed BLACK QQ you will have distracting images.
how to fix: drive a dusty FADED DENIM QQ - no bonnet refections LOLEvil SmileLOL ... simples Wink
Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
ellas111 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellas111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:00pm
Just got back from Europe and thought of another item for my wish list.  A SWITCH TO MOVE HEADLAMPS TO RIGHT FOR DRIVING IN EUROPE.  It would be so simple for them to do.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic