UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Registering with NissanConnect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registering with NissanConnect
    Posted: 12áJuná2017 at 10:09am
I have been trying to register a brand new car on NissanConnect for the last week, when I try to validate my registration, it says NOT FOUND.

Is anyone else having this problem, I have contact the Help line twice, first time nix happened and the second time the bloke has said there is a problem with the web site and to try again at the end of today.
Allan407 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJuná2017 at 10:57am
Yes, but I have given up. Load of tosh if you ask me.
sharpedge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 10:11am
Hi Alan, tend to agree with you, but, my car is brand new and included with all the manuals was a very well put together colour manual for the NissanConnect. Now if that is part of the car, and it doesn't work, then Nissan have effectively supplied unserviceable goods.

I am not going to let this go, it's a nice add-on and if they advertise it, then it should work.
Allan407 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 11:43am
Ye I HAD the coloured manual with my 2015 Tekna. I have phones them on several occasions with my problems connecting to the system, but no help at all. I have given up now. If you do het any further than me, please let me know.
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 1:42pm
try registering at:
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html
sharpedge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 2:26pm
hi Guys

Breaking News.

Tried to register again, PC recognises my VIN and the following message popped op

Thank you. However, to make it easier for you, we've already created your YOU+NISSAN account - you'll shortly receive an email with the details. Please then use these to sign in to YOU+NISSAN and activate your account by accepting the T&Cs.
If you do not receive this email in the next hour, please contact Nissan Customer Services on 01923 899334 to continue your registration.

No email received so phoned the number, very helpful lady was unable to help and she will get technical blokes to email me.

think i might be getting there.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 2:29pm
Or if you are contacting them, use email rather than phone as they can send you links.

The link for registering Nissan Connect changed sometime recently, I think it's the one just posted by GelJ.

If it's a second hand car, you will find it's probably already registered to someone else so you'll have to get NCS to deregister it once you have proved ownership.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by chrisw99 chrisw99 wrote:

Or if you are contacting them, use email rather than phone as they can send you links.

The link for registering Nissan Connect changed sometime recently, I think it's the one just posted by GelJ.

Yours is brand new but for info if it's a second hand car, you will find it's probably already registered to someone else so you'll have to get NCS to deregister it once you have proved ownership.

sharpedge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 2:45pm
Right, it's all sorted now, think they have been having trouble with their website.

Phone that number, they are helpful.

Thanks everyone for your advice.
sharpedge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 5:09pm
Update.

Managed to get my wife's and my iPhone connected to the car.

But to connect it to the cars apps (particularly want Google), proved impossible.

Taking a beer break now and will contact them again tomorrow. Must admit they have been very polite and helpful.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by sharpedge sharpedge wrote:

Update.

Managed to get my wife's and my iPhone connected to the car.

But to connect it to the cars apps (particularly want Google), proved impossible.

Taking a beer break now and will contact them again tomorrow. Must admit they have been very polite and helpful.

Have you got the NissanConnect app running on your phone and logged in?

GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 10:46am
You need to get phone logged in to Nissan Connect portal, (possibly using home wifi even) before then handshaking phone with car.
sharpedge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 1:02pm
NissanConnect helpline (Shane) phoned me this morning to get this all sorted out.

In short, it's all sorted now, got a bit complicated with trying to use two phones, but got to give Shane his due, he persevered with me and sorted it out. Has restored my faith in Nissan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic