Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

remove seats 6-7 on +2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 11:33am

Great!

Thanks Flyer! What is that small hump on the left and right side that's covered with cloth?

nero123 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 11:35am

Great!

Thanks Flyer! What is that small hump on the left and right side that's covered with cloth?

Flyer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 7:17pm
The small humps on left and right side are the fastening for the miniger seats that I happily removed. I can only repeat myself that this car has almost everything I wanted in a car exept the miniger seats that I asked the dealer if he could remove for me , but I had to do it myself. Now the seats are in my basement and all the seatbelt arrangement for the seats are still in the car of course never to be used by me, but I had to pay for it though. Anyway the size of the Q+2 is wonderful now the trunk size is good approx 130L more with seats out and the ground clearence and overall looks of this car is magnificent.
Qashqai+2 1,6 Tekna.
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 2:11pm

I have removed the +2 seats on mine. It has removed over 30kg and created the volume of a very large suitcase or 2 medium full suitcases. This means I will not bother to fit the roof box to the car when I go abroad to Europe in a few weeks time. The advantages are that the weight is reduced by the removal of the rear +2 seats and heavy flooring/covers and the weight and drag of the roof bars and the box. Also what is lost rear +2 foot wells behind rear seat are usable and accessible. I can store tent, bed and sleeping bags there without losing the rear suitcase space. I cut some ply board to size to level the floor out over the Bose speaker. I can easily still throw all the stuff and extras you need when travelling in europe like, bulbs, first aid kit, fuel can (empty) hi vis jackets, fire extinguisher, warning triangle, gloves, water, drink, pringles etc. etc.
I have to say at present the car feels nimbler now, and mpg is up 2MPG  Big smile

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 10 Jul 2011 at 2:41pm
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Dog bus View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog bus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 3:28pm
Hi I know this thread is a bit old but hopefully you can help. Iíve just purchased a +2 with the idea of touring with my two dogs in the back but have found that even with seats 6+7 flat there isnít much height clearance, when you had these seats taken out did it increase the height of the available space significantly? Was it easy to do? And yes I have thought about removing the dogs heads but that seems a bit drastic 🤔

Thanks for any help
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic