UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Removing the Mirror cover from the housing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing the Mirror cover from the housing
    Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 11:26am
Hi Folks,

My drivers side wing mirror has had a poor paint job by the previous owner and I need to remove the plastic cover to do a respray.

I've had a look around on how to remove it without snapping any important bits (including the mirror Dead). I can't really find a useful guide on how to do it though.

Any thoughts or ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks
ALUMINIUM - 2010 Tekna 1.5 DCI
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:13pm
I'd be quite interested in knowing this too, one of mine was scraped a bit by previous owner. 

I'd get a Haynes manual but they probably tell you to remove the entire door or engine before starting on the mirror!
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:21pm
What year QQ is this? I have the Haynes manual for mine (2012) and will be happy to photocopy the mirror on part if it is in there and post on here?

(Hope that doesn't break rules!)
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:52pm
Other forums have rules about post such images as it gets them into trouble with HaynesOuch
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:38am
Haynes will not be pleased if you post it on here. Can you Email it to the person instead?

On the first page of a Haynes manual They say:

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical,including photocopying etc etc, without permission in writing from the copyright holder.

Edited by Alan66 - 29 Apr 2016 at 11:45am
boobishabang View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobishabang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:54pm
Comes off real easy with a small flat blade screwdriver, just prise it off from underneath near where it pivots, i replaced my wing mirror a few weeks back and it was pretty simple to get the cover off after not being able to find any info regarding it
MackemBaz1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MackemBaz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:59pm
The smart repair guy who works at my local dealership removes them by inserting a credit / bank / loyalty type card in the gap between the mirror housing and cover.
BAZ

QQ No. 7

67 reg 1.5 dci Tekna - Black
PAAPELE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAAPELE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:32pm
Hello guys,

I have a similar problem. An idiot taxi driver this morning hit my car offside mirror which caused it to twist 180°. Lucky back cover was still intact. I found out later that the bottom side of glass has detached making it vibrate when driving.
Any technical idea to stick it back to rightful place.
QQ+2 N-TEC+ 1.5L DIESEL 2011,CHROME
HANDLES,BOOTLINER,QQ MAT,CLUB&BREAKLIGHT STICKERS,LED INTERIOR/SIDE-LIGHTS,LED NUMBER PLATE,LEATHER COVER,XENON HEADLIGHTS,FOLDING MIRROR,DVD PLAYER,MOBIUS-DASHCAM.
PAAPELE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAAPELE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:52pm
Hello forum. Update.
This afternoon I managed to take mirror back cover off using a plastic shell membership card to pry oepn. Best to start from bottom and run it through upwards. Be gentle and go over it several times. You don't need to pull it at all. It will eventually detach.
After taking cover of I saw 2 of the  glass holder clips off its position. All I did was to allign and pushed with both hands in opposite direction till you hear click sound. Easy putting cover back. I advice to start from top and finally push the bottom side in place. May be I will post pictures I took later.
I hope this little info may be of help to someone instead of taking to garage to replace mirror.
QQ+2 N-TEC+ 1.5L DIESEL 2011,CHROME
HANDLES,BOOTLINER,QQ MAT,CLUB&BREAKLIGHT STICKERS,LED INTERIOR/SIDE-LIGHTS,LED NUMBER PLATE,LEATHER COVER,XENON HEADLIGHTS,FOLDING MIRROR,DVD PLAYER,MOBIUS-DASHCAM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic