Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.5 L I4 (Diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Battery
    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
Looked around, and seem to get conflicting answers on this in general, so hoping a specific example can result in a definative answer.

2017 1.5 dci, with start/stop - battery needs replacing (Just out of warranty Confused)

Nissan will replace for £160, but it will be another FIAMM

I can get the equivalent one from Halfords at a surprisingly reasonable £121 (5 year Guarantee, EFB, although worryingly, they recommend a AGM).

My question is if there needs to be any re-programming of the ECU necessary (I don't really want to pay them 25 to undo a couple of bolts).

Sorry if this has been answered previously, but I have seen people saying only the petrol needs re-programming, only if its stop/start, only the J10 does etc.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 8:29am
Your dealer wants to take you to the cleaners. The FIAMM batteries are replaced free of charge by Nissan. Even when the warranty is over. 

And FIAMM batteries aren't used by Nissan any more. (Does the dealer want to sell off his old stock?)

Edited by Udo2009 - 12 Jun 2020 at 8:33am
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic