Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Halogen Bulbs for 2014 QQ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgwatibm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Halogen Bulbs for 2014 QQ
    Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 2:31pm
I have just received my 2014 Acenta Premium QQ and want to colour match all my front lights to match the LED daylight running lights.  The DRL's are a pure bright white but the main/dipped/fog lights are all very orange in comparison.

I have read the multiple threads that already exists here and haven't found a solution for the 2014 model yet as it looks like this new shape introduces another bulb type?

There are several bulbs on the market that would fit the bill but I cant find one yet that does all 3 bulb types and match the QQ LED DRLs.  I'd rather not have a mix of different bulbs.

The 2014 Acenta Premium front lights are as follows:
DRL: LED
Dipped Beam: H11 55W
Main Beam: H7 60W
Front Fog: H8 35W

I have used Höen Xenonmatch fog bulbs in the past which are an excellent match to the Audi A5 Xenon/DRLs, but these are difficult to source in UK without a large postage cost. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

LightningMat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningMat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 2:52pm
Maybe something like the Osram night breakers?

Or for the dipped and front fogs, maybe some bright white LED bulbs - should get a very good match for the crisp white DRL's?
Qashqai first-timer... 1.2 DiG-T Tekna in Storm White... on order!
jgwatibm View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgwatibm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:01pm
I was hoping to find a brand I can source easily in UK like Osram Nightbreakers or Philips X-tremeVision that do all 3 bulb types rather than have a mix from different manufacturers.  As far as I can see neither do the H8 fitting
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:58pm
Philips seem to be the only Company that do all 3 of your sizes - whether they are all colour matched I'm not sure.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
jgwatibm View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgwatibm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 5:01pm
Hi Gadget, yes that seems to be the case.  In fact the dipped beam bulb in the car is a Philips!
tommyboi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 3:35pm
How do you change the bulbs on the QQ 2014? A stone smashed the glass on the front fog and I'm wondering if I can source the part, if I can replace it myself.
2014 QQ Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red
anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by jgwatibm jgwatibm wrote:

I was hoping to find a brand I can source easily in UK like Osram Nightbreakers or Philips X-tremeVision that do all 3 bulb types rather than have a mix from different manufacturers.  As far as I can see neither do the H8 fitting

I have osram nightbreaker plus h11 dipped in out maxda3 and they are quite white and more importantly they put a good amount of light down. 

Customer service from osram is great too - had one burn out too soon and they sent a free replacement with no hassle whatsoever; guy from osram was called Keith IIRC. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic