UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Replacement rear light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobafella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement rear light
    Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 10:52am
Hi everybody!

My other half managed to reverse our (2010 model) qashqai into the wheelie bin which unsurprisingly smashed the rear driver's side light (not the inner bit on the boot door but the main bit on the body if you know what I mean). I've been looking around online as it should be a fairly straightforward job to replace but I'm getting confused about what parts to buy so I'd appreciate some advice. Thanking you in advance...

• The indicator, reverse lights and brake light all work ok, it's just the outer plastic casing and the red rear light that comes on when the headlights are on that need to be replaced (what is this called?)
  • I can see various people on ebay selling the outer plastic bit for much less than the official Nissan parts shop - are these ok when it comes to build quality etc?
  • When I look for bulbs online for the red light that needs replacing they don't seem to match what I can see through the smashed bit of the casing, it looks like a grid where you could put multiple very small bulbs rather than one big one if you get what I mean - is this led? 
Any help gratefully received, I'd really like to avoid taking it to a dealer/garage if I can help it

Cheers

Bob

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 10:56am
Can't help with your part problem... I'm sure one of the guys will advise you.
But for now.

Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn

Edited by Tiffany - 22 Jan 2015 at 10:57am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 5:02pm
Hi Bob, there are a lot of QQ breakers on eBay and you can pick up a genuine Nissan used unit quite cheaply like this:

QQ rear light unit

And yes the rear stop & tail light is LED and I don't think you can replace these (am open to correction on this!).

Hope this helps you Bob.
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 7:24pm
Funnily enough,I followed a 63 plate 360 in white tonight with the nearside rear light lens missing.
It showed 2 rows of red led bulbs.When it braked it was the same leds that are the tail lights that lit brighter to give brake lights.
You can replace the leds,but you need the correct replacements and good soldering skills.I changed some led bulbs on my old saab 9-5 high level brake light,they turned out to be 4 legged super flux leds.
I would be looking for a fully working replacement light (as per the link) if any of your led's aren't working.
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 12:20pm
I think Euro Car Parts do the same lights for about £50? 
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
monkeychops View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeychops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 6:58am
Hi Lee.71

1.5 DCI Tekna 2010

Did you sort out new LED's?

I currently have a problem with my rear light LED "cards". My wife came home from work late in my Qashqai and was being flashed by other cars. Someone eventually told her that she had no rear side lights. I looked in the manual and went to Halfords for 2 new bulbs. Outside Halfords I attempted to fit the bulbs only to find that there weren't any bulbs just a printed circuit which has side lights, brakes and foglights on it. The guy at Halfords said that I needed to go to the dealer and the replacements would be very expensive.

Went to the dealer and the guy said he had never heard of it and neither had the workshop guys but he also said that the LED "card" is not for sale so I would have to buy two new rear light assemblies at £78.00 each! Absolutely pathetic!! £3.98 for two bulbs but I don't have the option. Nissan should be ashamed!!

Can anyone help me solve this for a lot less than £156.00? Can I convert the lights back to traditional lights for example?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic